Lead HCP - Internal Applicants Only Devon £33,930 per annum
Lead HCP - Internal Applicants OnlyLocation: Devon | Salary: £33,930 per annum | Posted: 26 Apr 2019 | Closes: 10 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7787
Please note that this position is only available to internal applicants.
Devon and Cornwall
£33,930 per annum
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as a Lead HCP:
- Salary of £33,930 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
To lead and manage a small team of Health Care Professionals as well as the clinical service for specified Custody Suites, plus assigned flexi staff.
- Management, supervision and development of the HCP team within the specified custody suites, this includes local team meetings, 121s, absence management and the implementation of clinical supervision.
- To develop and manage compliance of local operating procedures and policies, meeting legislative guidance and evidence based best practice.
- Act as a designated manager for the service when on duty.
- To manage the custody stock of medications in line with an agreed level and in line with company policy.
- Ensure all clinical equipment is maintained and has annual checks in place. This includes where necessary all daily checks are completed by HCP team.
- To act as initial point of contact for commissioners, developing strong links with individual custody sergeants.
- In the absence of the Clinical Lead, ensure rotas are fully covered Work closely with the compliance team to ensure the HCPs within the team manage all requests for statements and involvement with clinical incidents within timeframes.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection, information governance and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- To comply with health and safety legislation and local policies, providing healthy working conditions for individuals. Supporting staff who work in a range of secure environments in circumstances which may impact on a person’s physical and mental well-being.
- To ensure safeguarding and child protection procedures are followed, and information sharing with child protection teams and agencies meet safeguarding board, trust and local policies.
- Accountable for local audit: infection control, health and safety and medicines management.
- Accountable for achievement of statutory and mandatory training target for HCPs within the designated custody unit.
- To act as local IPC lead for a specified custody suite, ensuring audits are completed and when necessary, support in the development of reports to the IPC board.
- Line management of Health Care Professionals to include : sickness absence, investigation, local management and escalation.
- To provide operational and clinical supervision for the HCP team.
- To support Regional Clinical Lead in the recruitment of HCPs, to conduct CV screening for new HCPs and if appropriate completion of either telephone or face to face interviews ensuring all elements of the recruitment process are adhered to.
- To organise and complete pre and post induction shadowing for new starter.
- Completion of probation reviews and monitoring of on-going development.
- Ensuring completion of appraisals and revalidation.
- Escalation of clinical or operational concerns via appropriate escalation route.
- Ensuring annual leave is managed to meet the requirements of the service and business need.
- Assistance, support and/or advice in resolving rota issues that may arise.
- Support good working relationships with clients and key stakeholders (internal and external) across the business.
- Local liaison between the customer and G4S (also multi-disciplinary agencies).
- To assist in the management of CIPIs (clinical incidents positive intervention).
- To actively seek solutions and resolve local issues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration or Registered Paramedic.
- Experience of working within a team
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Driving Licence
- 3 years post-Registration experience
- Evidence of advanced clinical practice
- Leading on an area of training or development.
- Recruitment and retention of staff.
- 12 month experience of working within a police custody environment
- Evidence of managerial experience at a supervisory level
If you experience any difficulties applying for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter to Health.Recruitment@uk.g4s.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) Dr
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor