Team Leader - Facilities Management (Hard Services) Liverpool, Merseyside £29,547.68
Team Leader - Facilities Management (Hard Services)Location: Liverpool, Merseyside | Salary: £29,547.68 | Posted: 25 Oct 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8213
Team Leader - Facilities Management (Hard Services)
HMP Altcourse, Liverpool
Salary : £29,547.68 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Lead Engineer to join our Facilities Management team at HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
The successful candidate will be required to manage and develope the delivery of a diverse range of Total Facilities Management (TFM) services to meet operational and business requirements, ensuring contractural service level agreements and KPI's are met while operating to the needs of the business. Responsible for the implementation of G4S's, and the Business Stream's, Health and Safety and Environment Policies and Procedures. And also to actively promote the importance and values of effective communication throughout G4S of Environmental / Quality / H&S good practice. compliance and continuous improvment.
- To manage resources to meet daily delivery schedules and business requirements for these services within the prescribed budget.
- To liaise with clients offering advice and knowledge regarding service issues.
- To develop and maintain an effective working relationship so that Client needs are understood and the company reputation enhanced.
- To foster an environment of continuous improvement to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To liaise with Sub Contractors over the service and maintenance of assets located across the site, ensuring records are kept up to date and available for inspection/audit.
- To lead and develop skilled teams to meet operational and business needs in a customer focused manner.
- To support the team in continually reviewing operational procedures to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Develop & support positive team ethos within FM working group
- To carry out Reactive and Planned Maintenance in accordance with contractual obligations.
- To ensure that all work is carried out safely, efficiently and to a high standard.
- To ensure that all tools or stores items including consumables i.e. drill bits, hack saw blades etc are accounted for at all times.
- To demonstrate the ability to work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- To be flexible in the type of work and to assist with any duties incurred by the Facilities Department.
- To ensure that the Facilities Department, areas of work and stores are kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times.
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by Management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to handle issues of high sensitivity
- A recognised trade qualification
- A high level understanding of building fabric and M&E services
- Understanding of contractand its role within organisation
- A high level understanding of building fabric and M&E services.
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Vocational Instructor
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Project Manager Fine Art UK
Apply now Art Handler
Apply now Commercial Support Assistant
Location: SW1E 6QT
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex