Java Developer: G4S Deposita South Africa Samrand Market related
Java Developer: G4S Deposita South AfricaLocation: Samrand | Salary: Market related | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/204652
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Deposita has a vacancy for a Java Developer based in Samrand.
Reporting in to the Head of Software Development, the role requires translating software requirements into working software, overseeing testing efforts and leading junior developers. Monitor and maintain deployed application ensuring SLA's are met.
Main purpose of the position:
Design and document systems, design and document data models, user interfaces and application architecture.
- Design, document and share data models
- Design, document and share user interfaces
- Always get your designs reviewed and approved
- Introduce, document, share and implement improvements in application architecture
- Introduce and implement design patterns
- Code applications
Apply correct code constructs and libraries. Efficiently use of IDEs, code version control and other
- Code efficiently
- Always do test driven development
- Create dynamic web pages and /or GUI and back-end components
- Use version control system efficiently
- Delivers clean code
- Apply correct code refactoring with approval for major refactoring
- Implement major code improvements (exceed)
Support live products
- Ensure daily health checks are done correctly
- Provide accurate reports for service desk at any instant
- Handle critical issues
- Empower first line support to handle common issues
Manage risks and issues
- Manage software delivery and production risks and issues
- Identify and record risks and issues in the risks and issues log
- Identify and record mitigation and contingencies for risks
- Identify and record actions for an issue
- Action and record updates for risks and issues that you own
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Java/C# Software development experience
- Extensive experience with Java/C# related technologies
- Relational databases experience
- Java/C# Certified (Advantageous)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum of 4 years of proven programming experience using Java
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
- Track record of keeping up-to-date with technologies
- Hands on
- Innovative & Energetic
- Proactive & Capable
- Easily Approachable
About the Company:
About The Company
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Junior Test Analyst
Apply now IT Field Engineer
Location: Northampton NN1 5BU
Apply now IT Field Engineer (4 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG
Apply now IT Network Engineer (3 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG