IT Technical Analyst Richmond, BC Competitive
IT Technical AnalystLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 20 Jul 2021 | Closes: 4 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/214692
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Aviation, Canada., including, but not limited to criminal police information check (CPIC), credit references if applicable, work reference checks, minimum age requirements and minimum education requirements (high school or foreign equivalency, or earned GED) Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The IT Technical Analyst ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions with a focus on cloud-based systems. This position applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefits of IT systems investments. This position is based at the Vancouver International Airport.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides troubleshooting, training, 1st level support to end users of information technology within the organization with a focus on Android phones, Chromebooks and Tablets, Google G suite, Microsoft Office 365, and other cloud-based systems.
- Managing remote site’s ISP, Firewall, WIFI AP, VOIP Phone, Printers and all end user devices.
- Ensures hardware, software and security requirements adhere to corporate standards. Monitors and tests system performance; prepares and delivers system performance statistics and reports.
- Provides orientation and training to end-users for new and modified systems as required.
- Manages inventory of IT assets.
- Provides occasional after hours support.
- May be required to travel to other sites as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of various PC systems, applications, hardware and software related to Google G suite & Microsoft Office 365.
- Hands-on experience with management tools for networking, system security and cellular handsets.
- Safety-orientated attitude while able to work with basic hand tools to deploy and repair computer equipment.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in French is desirable.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives including the ability to plan and organize resources to deliver required projects.
- Ability to impart knowledge or practical skills to others in a complex technical environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and willingness to work with others to achieve department goals.
- Demonstrated diplomacy and tact when working with vendors, clients and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering excellence in customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Ability to anticipate problems before they arise.
- Must be eligible to apply for Transport Canada Security Clearance and Federal Secret Security Clearance.
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services in YVR and 20 other airports throughout BC and the Yukon Territory in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Billing Support Specialist - Accounts Receivable
Apply now Commercial Assistant (12 months Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Assistant Accountant
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Service Desk and Filed Engineer
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Interim Regional Financial Controller UK&I (Maternity cover)
Location: Gillingham Street, London. SW1V 1HU