IT Systems AdministratorLocation: Cheltenham | Salary: £37,527 per annum | Posted: 20 May 2019 | Closes: 3 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4747
With the ever-changing Facilities Management industry, it is important that the employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you’d like. As a leading facilities management company, G4S FM improves the lives of millions of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We provide integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including: head offices, retail stores, utility plants, manufacturing sites, health settings, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
We run large TFM contracts
We serve FM in Hospitals and Secure establishments
We provide FM services to Health and School buildings
Our values are core to shaping the culture of our organisation, helping to guide, unite, differentiate and sustain us. They are integral to everything we do.
Being a sustainable, ethical business is key to the ongoing success of G4S FM.
We act with integrity and respect. We are passionate about service excellence and achieve this through innovation and teamwork.
We have an opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator to join our team in Cheltenham.
As IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support and administration and management of the G4S IT business systems.
This is a Full-Time position working Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 and 17:00.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- To support and manage the G4S Information Systems and applications
- To take ownership of users’ IT problems and see them through to their conclusion
- To maintain servers through back-ups, upgrades and security updates
- To manage AV deployment and updates and carry out regular virus checks of the entire stock
- To plan and execute technology refreshes
- To procure hardware and software as required
- To create and maintain an equipment/software inventory
- To manage and liaise with G4S’s IT support contractors
- To liaise with Client IT specialists as required
- To comply with and enforce Client IT security requirements
- To undertake/contribute to project work as required
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Criteria for an IT Systems Administrator:
- MCSA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of two years’ previous experience
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows 2008/2012/2016, AD, DNS
- Experience of managing an AV enterprise environment
- Experience of Patching & Updates via WSUS
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- Experience of virtualisation technologies (VMware vSphere)
- Knowledge of Cisco devices
- Knowledge of Thin client, (MS Terminal Server, Wyse)
- Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS) experience
In return, you can expect to receive A Competitive Salary, Generous Holiday Entitlement, Life Assurance, Company Pension, Comprehensive Training and Career Development.
Jobs that might be of interest:Front of House Support Services Assistant
Apply now HR Advisor
Location: Churchill, Oxfordshire
Apply now Facilities Coordinator
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire
Apply now Facilities Administrator (CHU)
Apply now Cleaner