IT SERVICES DESK ANALYST/ FIELD - Namibia Windhoek Market Related
IT SERVICES DESK ANALYST/ FIELD - NamibiaLocation: Windhoek | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 17 Jan 2019 | Closes: 28 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Americas
A vacancy has arisen within the IT Technical Support Team for a Service Desk/Field engineer. The role is focused upon the provision of support services to the business and its customers, specifically in the areas of IT support and incident management. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with technical and / or Technical Service Desk experience. The successful candidate will join a team covering IT service support for the G4S businesses in Namibia and form part of a wider global team covering IT incidents globally for G4S.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Take responsibility for the management of IT incidents and requests, perform daily checks, balances and incident management of service and solutions availability.
- Support and action service requests and incident management of IT System dependencies by accurately capturing and logging details from telephone, email and direct customer interaction.
- Act as central point of contact within Namibia for the Head of Service Delivery.
- Act as an IT escalation point for the Namibian businesses.
- Manage the IT inventory.
- Assist in Telecom Expense Management
- Champion the adoption and implementation of new processes and tools to progress the globalisation of IT across G4S.
- Support the problem management process and assist with managing root cause analysis of common, recurring and high severity incidents.
- To offer first/second line support to G4S businesses and associated systems, inclusive of handheld mobile devices, remote access and desktop/laptop users.
- Support the companies desktop and laptop hardware environment.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are either resolved or assigned to the appropriate resolver groups.
- Assist with ad hoc project work and duties as and when required.
- Act as the local hands on site to assist network and platform teams when required.
- Occasionally travel to alternative G4S sites to act as hands on support if required.
Health and Safety
- Participate in Company safety forums.
- Report all safety incidents to the Health & Safety Manager.
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace.
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- A sound IT technical knowledge built by experience of technical IT support role(s)
- Strong Customer Service skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Some knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies (Windows 7, Cloud, Linux, Android etc.).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful.
- Competent in the English language
Compulsory for all positions
• Only candidates with demonstrable Technical experience shall be considered
• A Police Code of Conduct Certificate with no endorsements obtained during the last 12 months is required or a receipt confirming application thereof must be submitted.
• Only successful applicants will be informed and shortlisted candidates will be subjected to further screening and vetting process as well as possible Psychometric Profiling and or Polygraph test.
• No CV’s or supporting documents will be
Compulsory for all positions
- Only candidates with demonstrable Technical experience shall be considered
- A Police Code of Conduct Certificate with no endorsements obtained during the last 12 months is required or a receipt confirming application thereof must be submitted.
- Only successful applicants will be informed and shortlisted candidates will be subjected to further screening and vetting process as well as possible Psychometric Profiling and or Polygraph test.
- No CV’s or supporting documents will be returned.
About the Company:
G4S offers a competitive market related salary and is committed to employing and giving preference to local Namibian candidates and thus previous disadvantage candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants meeting the requirements can forward and deliver their detailed Curriculum-Vitae with a cover letter and supporting documents to: Dawid Nuuyoma| Human Resource Director | G4S Namibia | 33 General Murtala Ramat Muhammed Street | Eros | Windhoek | Namibia | P O Box 30758, Windhoek, Namibia | Telephone: (+264 61) 22 9828/220 | Facsimile: (+264 61) 23 0612 | E-mail: email@example.com