IT Service Desk Support AnalystLocation: Lincoln | Salary: F2 - £18,000 - £22,000 | Posted: 12 Feb 2019 | Closes: 15 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership, and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a IT Service Desk Support Analyst.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing team who provide mission critical services to Lincolnshire Police Force. This is a full time position covering 40 hours per week based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational and technical support to G4S and its clients. He/she will provide technical support and advice to all users of IT services to ensure that operational issues and queries are diagnosed and resolved as quickly as possible. To analyse, research and evaluate all areas of PC, Windows operating system(s), standard/non-standard software and peripheral technology in order to recommend new developments to all Service Areas and Members within a given budget.
To individual will specify, recommend, provide, configure and implement many varied items of IT equipment and supporting software in accordance with corporate and Service Area requirements, IT standards and the IT Security Policy. This is a ‘hands-on’ position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provision of a first and second line support facility for all users in terms of incidents, service requests, changes, developments, location maintenance and system administration.
- Maintain performance and availability to agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure the timely resolution of incidents and problems as prioritised in agreed Service Levels.
- Co-ordinate workflow to ensure service delivery and deadlines are met in line with the contract and to ensure excellence in performance is met.
- Ensure documentation is current and up to date.
- Ensure users are kept informed of progress at key stages within their request.
- Ensure that systems remain supportable, expandable, fit for purpose, and capable of delivering ongoing business value and benefit.
- To formulate statistics from help desk system to provide management information on calls logged, closure of calls, 3rd party maintenance, Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), performance and downtime and any other category specified.
- Plan, manage and maintain all IT assets to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the CMDB.
- Provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid the implementation of projects.
- Keep abreast of new developments, undertake relevant product training and certification in specialism and share the knowledge with other staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Win7/Win10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and PC Interface problems.
- Installation of software packages via a variety of tools eg. LANDesk / Active Directory, Active.
- Directory Security and Distribution Groups, Organisation Units and Group Policy.
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required.
- Has a working knowledge of ITIL is desirable but not essential.
- Has a working knowledge of applications and products from a Policing environment (desirable but not essential).
Jobs that might be of interest:Town Enquiry Officer - Boston (Flexi role)
Apply now Call Taker (Full Time and Flexible Contracts)
Apply now Site Manager
Apply now Contract Support Administrator (Fixed Term)
Apply now Deputy Account Manager