IT Service Desk Manager Manchester M50 2UE Competitive
IT Service Desk ManagerLocation: Manchester M50 2UE | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 20 May 2022 | Closes: 17 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2312
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time, permanent IT Service Desk Manager to join our team in Manchester. As an IT Service Desk Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the IT Service Desk ensuring that all Service Desk staff record, prioritise and manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests efficiently, with a high level of customer service and in accordance with Service Level Agreements outlined in the EM Managed Services contract.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, a contributory pension scheme and life assurance.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Manage the overall 24x7 Service Desk operation ensuring that all shifts are adequately staffed at all times.
• Ensure that all Service Desk staff are fully trained to follow Service Desk processes and procedures effectively.
• Establish and maintain an excellent relationship with key stakeholders within Capita/EMS and act as the first level of escalation for EMS users and key EMS stakeholders.
• Take accountability for Service Desk personnel management including the team rota, sickness, holidays, personal development plans, annual reviews, training etc.
• Carry out regular team 1 :1's, and develop and manage annual staff appraisal and training plans.
• Take accountability for all Service Desk processes and procedures ensuring that they are relevant, regularly reviewed, visible, understood and followed by all staff members.
• Manage and maintain the content, format and availability of the Service Desk tool. Carry out regular reviews of the information content to ensure that it is all still relevant in accordance with the Managed Services contract and that its functionality is regularly reviewed In an effort to underpin all embedded Service Management processes.
• Ensure Service Desk SLA's are achieved.
• Contribute to setting and reviewing annual team KPI's ensuring that they are pitched to drive both excellent performance and good behaviours.
• Participate in Duty Manager rota and act as an escalation point for any Major Incidents and any escalations that are required to be managed out of hours.
• Ensure that the Service Desk Knowledgebase is well maintained and that staff regularly consult this database in order to resolve as many Incidents and Service Requests at First Line as possible and consequently achieve the team KPI for this.
• Take responsibility for team distribution of daily reports as well as the development of weekly operational and monthly governance reports.
• Take ownership of the Major Incident process ensuring that all Major Incidents are quickly escalated and prioritised appropriately, customer communications are accurate and timely, the effective resolution is achieved and detailed Ml reports are distributed within agreed timescales.
• Ensure that the team are carrying out effective Event monitoring and undertaking swift first-line preventative action where feasible whilst quickly escalating any necessary action which is out of their scope of duty.
• Act as key G4S representative at G4S Group and Capita CAB meetings.
• Embed the G4S values within the team and display appropriate leadership behaviours that drive respect and a motivated and positive culture within the team
• Take ownership of own development and show commitment to the company's goals.
• Actively develop the team and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to all team members.
• Act as deputy to the G4S EM IT Service Delivery Manager as and when required.
• Work with the Service Delivery Manager to build a Service Desk strategy.
• Identify and initiate service improvement activities that will benefit the operation of the Service Desk function.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills,
The Ideal Candidate:
The Ideal Candidate for the role of IT Service Desk Manager will be able to evidence the following key competencies:
• Managing Professionally
• Delivering Performance
• Leading People
• Customer Thinking
Skills and Knowledge
• Previous Service Desk Management experience
• Business Relationship Management experience
• Able to work flexible and on-call hours
• Strong organisation skills
• Ability to prioritise and problem solve
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
• ITIL Foundation Certificate v.3
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted. You must live in reasonable commuting distance of Manchester.
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Project Manager
Location: Remote\Home Worker
Apply now IT Service Desk Analyst