IT Service Desk Analyst Newcastle Competitive
IT Service Desk AnalystLocation: Newcastle | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 8 Oct 2020 | Closes: 19 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2054
An exciting vacancy has arisen within the IT Technical Support Team for a Service Desk Analyst. The role is focused upon the provision of support services to the business and its customers, specifically in the areas of IT support, incident management and minor change. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with technical and / or technical service desk experience. The successful candidate will join a team covering IT service support for the G4S businesses in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees, and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Support and action service requests and incident management of IT System dependencies by accurately capturing and logging details from telephone, email and web portal raised tickets.
- Processing of minor change requests and new starters, leavers or permission changes to accounts as part of the wider JMLA team from email and web portal submissions.
- Support the problem management process and assist with managing root cause analysis of common, recurring and high severity incidents.
- To offer first line support to G4S businesses and associated systems, inclusive of mobile devices, remote access and desktop/laptop users; progressing incidents to the appropriate resolvers where unable to complete fixes.
- Assist in supporting the company’s desktop and laptop hardware environment.
- As a member of a team operating on a daily rota, be responsible for undertaking daily workflow activities and liaise with G4S staff, external customers and their representatives.
- Assist with ad hoc project work and duties as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- A sound IT technical knowledge built by experience of technical IT support role(s)
- Strong Customer Service skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Some knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies (Windows10, Chrome OS, Cloud, Linux, Android etc.).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful.
- The role is based in Newcastle upon Tyne. However, availability to travel to other UK offices and flexibility for out of hours shift work may be required.
Troubleshooting skills and knowledge of ITIL service operation processes would be highly desirable.
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Service Delivery Manager
Apply now IT Service Desk Support Analyst