IT Service Delivery Manager Lincoln £51,388 per annum based on full time 40 hours per week
IT Service Delivery ManagerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £51,388 per annum based on full time 40 hours per week | Posted: 15 Oct 2020 | Closes: 29 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G20/109
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as an IT Service Delivery Manager.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful candidate will support the Head of IT in the delivery of ICT strategies and working practices in line with Legislation, Best practice and Company Policy. The IT Service Delivery Manager will support and operate in a culture of high performance to support the IT business operations of Policing Services and its clients.
The IT Service Delivery Manger will support the day to day running of the IT Department, including operations, management and security of IT systems. The post holder will assist the Head of IT to ensure sufficient capacity to meet varying business demands that are maintainable, expandable, fit for purpose and capable of delivering ongoing business value and benefit.
The IT Service Delivery Manager will deputise for the Head of IT.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
Strategy and Business Development
- Support the Head of IT in the development and implementation of technical and business strategies to reduce cost, increase value and achieve best practice across G4S Policing Services.
- Ensure the provision of high quality and cost effective service delivery.
- Maintain a positive perception amongst G4S and its clients through strong, credible communication and relationship management.
- Support the Head of IT in driving transformation across IT through a business and customer focus mind-set.
- Develop and maintain a hardware replacement and software upgrade strategy relative to availability of funding and acceptable risk.
- Maintain performance and availability to agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure timely resolution of incidents and problems as prioritised in agreed Service Levels.
- Manage capacity to meet changing business demands.
- Ensure that solutions are documented and handed over to 1st line support teams so they can perform their incident management responsibilities.
- Ensure that systems continue to operate in line with the Disaster Recovery process
- Manage the performance of suppliers against contractual commitments.
- Own the IT Service Catalogue.
People and Resource Management
- Ensure that staff work in line with Company policies, values and processes.
- Manage and mentor staff by following the Performance Management Process.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current practice in own area of expertise.
- Follow G4S Leadership Model to act as a role model and contribute to the delivery of high levels of staff engagement
- Determine skill requirements and staff assignment for current area of responsibility
- Responsible for the technical and career development of staff within the department.
- Participate in the IT out of hours on call rota.
Governance and Financial Management
- Identify operational synergies or opportunities for supplier negotiations or rationalisations to reduce operating costs year on year.
- Contribute to the management of IT capital and revenue budgets.
- Maintain security in line with the Security Policy.
- Maintain relevant areas of the IT Risk Register and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Participate in audits and respond to actions in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Managing People
- Maintaining performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally with integrity
- Collaborating and co-operating
- Driving change
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of the area of service management i.e.: Certified ITIL Practitioner
- Excellent knowledge of the IT Market
- Ability to understand/contribute to business strategy
- Excellent communication skills in order to operate at all levels throughout the organisation
- Strong management skills with a customer service ethic
- Has experience of mentoring staff and supporting their development
- Experience of managing and negotiating with third parties
- Strong influential skills, and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Degree from a technology discipline
- Has a working knowledge of applications and integration products from market leading suppliers, e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM and Microsoft
Jobs that might be of interest: