IT Network Engineer (3 months fixed-term contract) Wellingborough NN8 2NG Up to £9000 per calendar month
IT Network Engineer (3 months fixed-term contract)Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG | Salary: Up to £9000 per calendar month | Posted: 8 Oct 2021 | Closes: 19 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2186
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata), contributory pension scheme,
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Network Engineer to join us on a 3 month fixed-term contract. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. The role will be to deliver the IT infrastructure for a prison mobilisation project. The Network Engineer is responsible for the administration and development of the network technical architecture within the company structure. The position straddles both BAU day-to-day duties and Project-based tasks. You will be required to establish good and effective working relationships with users and stakeholders at all levels, ensuring business and technology teams are supported and focused on delivering excellent customer service. This role is based in Wellingborough at Five Wells Prison NN8 2NG. The suitable candidate should be able to work as part of a project team. We offer competitive contract salary rates (of up to £9000 per calendar month), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To assist Line Manager in the effective day-to-day management of the data (and voice) networks.
- Provide technical resources for infrastructure and application projects as defined through the Project Office.
- To assist in the design, delivery and maintenance of the core network infrastructure that underpins operational services managed within IT Infrastructure & Operations. Ensuring tasks and incidents are prioritised and resolved in accordance with business requirements.
- Provide support to the 2nd level operational support teams for the resolution of complex 3rd level support incidents.
- Undertake root cause analysis of reported faults, design and implement fixes to problems.
- Ensure that system builds are consistent and manageable, implementing and utilising proactive monitoring tools, where possible.
- Document technical ‘fixes’ and ensure the knowledge base is updated.
- Compile and prepare periodic status, performance, and trend reports for management's review.
- Secure the network infrastructure in line with security policies and practices ensuring that adequate and robust security measures are designed, implemented, and updated based on Corporate Standards.
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant tools and technologies, keeping abreast of technological changes.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
G4S will consider its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and whether or not, in the circumstances of any protected characteristic under that legislation, any exemption or variation to the vaccination policy should be exceptionally applied.
Detailed knowledge of, and the ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems associated with, some or all of the following technologies:
- IP Data (& Voice) Networks
- Cisco & HP networking equipment (incl. Switches, Routers, VPN and Firewalls)
- SD-WAN Meraki
- MPLS connectivity
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Cisco Umbrella
- Packet Capture
- Incident resolution where necessary
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Up to date and relevant Cisco qualifications
- Understanding of ITIL Service & Support processes
- Working knowledge of the latest and emerging networking technologies
- In-depth hands-on technical knowledge of:
- SD WAN / MPLS
- Direct Connects
- Security Gateway Services (e.g. Internet Proxy)
- Multi-vendor Firewalls
- VPN Connectivity
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Technically proficient to be able to communicate issues/actions with other Support Teams
- Strong Customer Service skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Ability to liaise with technical experts from other disciplines.
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Self motivated, independent and resourceful.
- Experience in - 2nd/3rd line Technical Support
- Experience in - WAN / LAN / WiFi implementation projects
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Driving to Deliver
- Collaborative Working
- Inspiring Confidence
- IT technical background consistent with above skills
- Application of Standards and Procedures
- Time and Task Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Relationships
- Clear communicator
- Broad range of troubleshooting skills.
- Objectivity in handling incident and problem resolution.
- Maintains a broad level of business, technical and market awareness.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- ITIL V3
- Service Operation (Lifecycle)
- Operational Support & Analysis (Capability)
- Risk Management