IT Network and Security Specialist Lincoln £28,000 - £32,000 per annum based on 40 hours per week
IT Network and Security SpecialistLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum based on 40 hours per week | Posted: 6 Nov 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19/131
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a IT Network and Security Specialist.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The Security and Network Specialist will be responsible for the design, implementation, configuration and on-going management/ maintenance of all IT Security and network technologies. This will include all WAN, LAN and Firewall equipment. The post holder will implement and maintain the security of all IT systems and networks in line with the IT strategy and all relevant security policy. The ideal candidate will provide GPMS compliance in line with Government national policy.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
- Configure, maintain, and monitor security systems to ensure all systems are adequately protected and performing acceptably.
- Perform necessary preventative and remedial maintenance to support systems availability.
- Manage performance tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the security resources.
- Take ownership of the technical elements of relevant contracts within the domain
- Ensure documentation is current and up to date.
- Identify the causes of security problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment, and take or recommend remedial action.
- Provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid the implementation of projects.
- Provide GPMS compliance in protecting and marking emails via the appropriate software.
- Provide Community Security policy/ Security policy framework compliance by proactive security information and event management.
- Assist in delivery and on-going compliance with all relevant regulation including HMG and ISO 27001.
- Plan, design, prepare and produce documentation to support the development of a secure infrastructure and application environment.
- Assist in IT security control reviews for a full range of control types and techniques and recommend appropriate action to senior management.
- Help Identify threats and provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of all types of IT Security controls.
- Assist in creating a centre of IT information security expertise for the organisation.
- Maintain effective information security protection for all systems e.g. antivirus, firewalls, spam filters etc.
- Provide third line response to IT incidents and problems, undertake fixes where possible.
- Maintain, configure and monitor telephony systems ensuring availability to all users.
- Maintain, configure and monitor the corporate LAN/ WAN ensuring availability to all users.
- Provides out of hours assistance to users and colleagues by participating in the IT out of hours on call service.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the Organizational Environment
- Understanding the Organization’s Goals and Objectives
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Delivering Objectives:
- Delivering Great Customer Service
- Acting Professionally
- Dealing with Complexity
- Sharing and Co-Operating
- Supporting and Working with Others
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of Proactive security, event management and automated network audit logging
- Experience of insider Threat Management
- Experience of developing security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance on application and operation of all types of security control.
- Experience of managing threats/vulnerabilities assessments and security control reviews.
- Good working knowledge in design and implementation of VPN and IPSec solutions
- Knowledge of Network topologies relating to WAN/LAN including TCPIP, Ethernet, ADSL etc.
- Extensive routing and switching experience
- Experience in Firewall technologies
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in order to operate at all levels throughout the organisation
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree from a technology discipline
- An industry accreditation such as CISSP / CCNP / CCNA
- Experience of ISO27001
- Knowledge of CESG Good Practice Guides.
- Experience of Government Protective Marking System
- MacAfee Enterprise Security Manager
Jobs that might be of interest:Locator
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Application Developer & Support
Apply now Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Chlemsford, Massachusetts
Apply now Utility Dispatcher
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Utility Locator
Location: Kenosha County, Wisconsin