IT Field Engineer Northamptonshire area Competitive
IT Field EngineerLocation: Northamptonshire area | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 4 May 2022 | Closes: 18 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2297
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as an IT Field Engineer, home-based but working with on-site managers and staff to deliver ICT operations and service excellence. You will be able to establish good and effective working relationships with users and stakeholders at all levels, ensuring business and technology teams are supported and focused on the delivery of excellent customer service.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, company car (or allowance), 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, entry into our contributor pension scheme, life assurance, HSF health plan scheme, various employee discount schemes, Perks at work and free on-site parking.
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted. You must live in reasonable commuting distance of the HMP Ryehill site.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is there for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
As IT Field Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with other teams in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure.
- Work with the IT Service Desk, acting as 1st, 2nd or 3rd line support, to diagnose breakdowns /faults and take corrective and remedial action.
- Sustain ICT Services, owning issues to resolution and ensuring a clear hand-off to another issue owner.
- Advise, agree and implement the distribution, use and best practice of software across available hardware to optimise end user efficiency.
- Guide and coach end users to optimise desktop and software.
- Check end users compliance with IT policies, with particular reference to the security policy.
- Ensure full asset management, incident logging and updates, service request capture and other ITIL related activities for allocated sites.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements relating to ICT, including software licensing.
- Ensure site documentation is maintained.
- Any other reasonable request from management.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal IT Field Engineer will have excellent communication and customer service skills. They will also have a flexible approach to travel.
- Experience of delivering IT support to a range of suppliers at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software, Mac OS & Google support.
- Proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve software and operating system issues on both Windows, Google and Apple products.