IT Field EngineerLocation: Dublin, Ireland | Salary: Up to 42000 | Posted: 17 Jan 2022 | Closes: 22 Jan 2022 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 2200001B
To delivery ICT operations and service excellence to end users, contracts and geographical locations. The person will be the first line of support for the ROI Business.
This a full time position that is located out of our Dublin office with links to three regional offices, Cork, Limerick and Athlone. The candidate will be required to attend monthly meetings, to review and drive IT projects.
- Establish good and effective working relationships with users/stakeholders at all levels, within business and technology teams, to achieve optimal business effectiveness and delivery against budgets.
- Support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with Server Engineers in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure.
- In conjunction with the IT Service Desk, acting as 1st, 2nd or 3rd line support, diagnose breakdowns /faults and take corrective, remedial action as necessary, to sustain ICT Service – either owning issues to resolution or ensuring a clear hand-off to another issue owner.
- Advise, agree and implement the distribution, use and best practice of software across available hardware to optimise end user efficiency and consistency.
- Guide and coach end users to optimise use of desktop and thin client software.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements relating to ICT, including software licences.
- Ensure only approved software is installed to ensure continued support for the end user.
- Check end users compliance with IT policies, with particular reference to the security policy.
- Ensure full Asset Management, Incident logging and updates, Service Request capture and other ITIL related activities for allocated sites.
- Key contact with vendors regarding purchase orders Manage Active directory
- Print management servers, RDS servers, gateways, routers switches and servers maintenance
- IT Asset control (purchases, broken assets and asset control)
·Planning & Organising
·Communication and Inclusivity
·Change and Flexibility
Jobs that might be of interest: