IT Field Engineer (4 months fixed-term contract) Wellingborough NN8 2NG Up to £5000 per calendar month
IT Field Engineer (4 months fixed-term contract)Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG | Salary: Up to £5000 per calendar month | Posted: 8 Oct 2021 | Closes: 19 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2185
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, company car (also available for private use)
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Field Engineer to join us on a 4 month fixed-term contract. The role will be to deliver the IT infrastructure for a prison mobilisation project. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. You will be required to establish good and effective working relationships with users and stakeholders at all levels, ensuring business and technology teams are supported and focused on delivering excellent customer service. This role is based in Wellingborough at Five Wells Prison NN8 2NG. The suitable candidate should be able to work as part of a project team. We offer competitive contract salary rates (Up to £5000 per calendar month), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata), and entry into a contributory pension scheme.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- On-site delivery and implementation of Five Wells IT infrastructure and equipment.
- implement, support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with Server Engineers in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure.
- Work with the IT Service Desk, acting as 1st, 2nd or 3rd line support, diagnose breakdowns /faults and take corrective and remedial action.
- Sustain ICT Services, owning issues to resolution and ensuring a clear hand-off to another issue owner.
- Advise, agree and implement the distribution, use and best practice of software across available hardware to optimise end-user efficiency.
- Guide and coach end-users to optimise desktop and software.
- Check end users compliance with IT policies, with particular reference to the security policy.
- Ensure full asset management, incident logging and updates, service request capture and other ITIL related activities for allocated sites.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements relating to ICT, including software licenses.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
G4S will consider its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and whether or not, in the circumstances of any protected characteristic under that legislation, any exemption or variation to the vaccination policy should be exceptionally applied.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A flexible approach to travel.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of delivering IT support to a range of internal customers at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software & Google.
- Proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve software and operating system issues.