IT Consultant (6 months Fixed term contract) Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF - Home based with travel - South Yorkshire area Competitive salary £43,000 to £47,000 dependant on experience
IT Consultant (6 months Fixed term contract)Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF - Home based with travel - South Yorkshire area | Salary: Competitive salary £43,000 to £47,000 dependant on experience | Posted: 18 Jan 2022 | Closes: 1 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2164
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Consultant to join the G4S team. This role is a full time, fixed-term contract for 6 months. The role is home-based with likely travel to South Yorkshire. The role will involve meeting with internal and external customers to determine their requirements and define the scope of projects or tasks. You will be responsible for planning timescales, costs and the resources needed for the planned projects or tasks. This will involve liaising with staff at all levels and with the customer to determine their needs and the software, hardware and network requirements. In return, we offer a competitive salary from £43,00 to £47,000 (pro-rata) dependant on experience, entry into a contributory pension scheme.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Meet with internal and external customers to determine requirements
- Work with customers to define the scope of projects or tasks
- Plan timescales, costs and the resources needed
- Clarify a customers’ system specifications, understand their work practices and the nature of their business
- Liaise with staff at all levels of a client organisation
- Define software, hardware and network requirements with the assistance of IT architects and technical team members.
- Analyse IT requirements and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT
- Develop agreed solutions and implement new systems
- Present solutions in written or oral reports
- Help customers with change-management activities
- Purchase systems where appropriate
- Design, test and monitor new systems
- Prepare documentation and present progress reports to customers
- Organise training for users and other IT Staff
- Be involved in sales and support
- Potential travel to customer sites
- Be responsible for all aspects of internal and external project reporting
- Manage and report on project/task budget
- Liaise where required with the Group PMO team;
- Manage delivery of projects/tasks through temporary/disparate project teams
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good client-facing and communications skills.
- Structured, organised and disciplined
- Team player with integrity, openness and honesty
- Willingness to undertake security clearance
- Prepared for occasional travel to UK based offices (anticipated most frequently South Yorkshire) but be mainly home-based.
Skills and Knowledge
- A broad range of technical knowledge
- An understanding of Call Centre environments
- High-level understanding and experience of systems platforms and hosting including cloud
- High-level understanding of networking and comms
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Previous experience of government contracts
- Previous experience of UK government IT and/or NHS IT standards