Investigator - Deposita (Midrand) Midrand Market related
Investigator - Deposita (Midrand)Location: Midrand | Salary: Market related | Posted: 12 Jan 2022 | Closes: 12 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/7620013/219422
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for an Investigator.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Risk plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of position:
The effective investigation of incidents and intelligence to mitigate risk to the organisation
Key performance areas:
Effective investigation within the company and in compliance with legislation and company policy
The accurate and efficient investigation all incidents / allegations of criminal activity involving Deposita device customers and employees
The accurate and efficient investigation all accidents resulting in injury, damage or loss involving Deposita employees
Compile case dockets for each investigation, recording all relevant information, witnesses and securing evidence required for a criminal prosecution, disciplinary process or liability claim.
Identify and recruit informers, to ensure effective information gathering within the region regarding criminal activity impacting on Deposita device customers.
Provide appropriate assistance to SAPS officials to ensure criminal prosecution of cases investigated on behalf of Deposita device customers.
Assist with customer meetings on investigations
Traveling to other regions if any loss activities are found to be out of the orderning
Meetings with CIT vendors to be held monthly with any trent losses at cash centers
Security Compliance Support
Security Compliance support as and when required (ie. Branch Security Audits; Unseen Inspections; Risk Assessments)
Client site risk inspections when required
Health and Safety
Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
Attend safety education and refresher programmes
Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
Distribute safety information as and when required
Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Matric / Grade 12
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Policing or Risk Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant investigations background with experience and knowledge in all field of Security and Investigation procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage investigations and attend to crime scenes
Previous experience in implementing security measures and follow up on compliance of procedures
Experience in Security Audits and Security risk surveys
Able to travel and willing to work after hours as and when required.
Skills and Attributes
- Computer skills
- Company Policies and procedures
- Strong investigative background
- Docket investigation and reporting
- Security Management
- Criminal / civil law
- Basic working knowledge of Industrial Relations and Human Resource processes
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com