Interventions Facilitator BRIDGEND £25,316
Interventions FacilitatorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £25,316 | Posted: 29 Jun 2020 | Closes: 13 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8933
INTERVENTIONS FACILITATOR - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
HMP Parc, Bridgend
£25,316.00 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Interventions Facilitator to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will facilitate the effective delivery and implementation of specified Interventions at HMP & YOI Parc.
- Deliver accredited interventions.
- To attend team meetings and training sessions as required both internally and externally.
- Involvement in the delivery of staff awareness and Induction packages.
- Compiling post programme reports and participating in Case Reviews.
- Ensure all appropriate programme records are updated accordingly and in a timely fashion including pre group and post group work.
- To ensure compliance with relevant audit baselines.
- Undertake operational duties when necessary (if applicable).
- Other duties as directed by Treatment and Programme managers.
- Ensure the use of effective communication and interpersonal skills both within the group room and within your professional relationships within HMP & YOI Parc. Feedback on role-modelling will be incorporated within supervision sessions as appropriate pro-social modelling is essential at all times due to the role of programmes facilitator.
- Completion of relevant documentation in accordance with audit baselines.
- Maintain an increased understanding of the core theoretical models underpinning offending behavior programmes.
- To participate in personal counselling sessions as required (if applicable).
- To comply with the code of conduct of facilitators as stipulated by Interventions Group.
- To work alongside the Offender Management Team in establishing an effective Offender Management Process within HMP & YOI Parc that ensures appropriate and timely assessment for interventions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to self evaluate performance and behaviour.
- Flexible thinking approach and work ethic. Open to change and willingness to adapt to change.
- An ability to manage stress and emotions effectively.
- The ability to respond appropriately to feedback.
- Ability to time-manage and prioritise a variety of tasks.
Formal Education / Training
- None specific but evidence of ability to write professional and literate reports necessary.
- Facilitator position is dependant upon successful completion of the relevant programme mandatory training
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.