Interventions and Community Manager Wellingborough £38,000
Interventions and Community ManagerLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £38,000 | Posted: 24 Sep 2021 | Closes: 15 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10581
INTERVENTIONS AND COMMUNITY MANAGER
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough
£38,000 per annum, Permanent
Full Time 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting and let your experience lead the way!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, new resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future, HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is rehabilitation, equipping our residents with the skills to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and residents feel safe.
We are looking for an experienced Interventions and Community Manager to join our Offender Management Team.
Reporting to the Head of Rehabilitation, the Interventions Manager will provide professional advice, guidance and support to operational and line management to meet business stream objectives in line with legislation and best practice and lead on treatment, offending behaviour programmes and interventions within the establishment and through to the community
Some of the key responsibilities to this role are:
- Promote and lead a safe, decent environment within a rehabilitative culture.
- Robust management of staff training requirements for staffing and delivery to meet KPTs and milestones.
- Coach, support and motivate the Intervention Treatment Managers and Facilitators in order to develop and enhance individual and team performance and to optimise service delivery.
- Contingency planning for unexpected changes in staffing and/or approved programmes.
- Cultivate effective links with other prisons to ensure adequate provision of prisoners using innovative techniques of assessment prior to transfer.
- Create and implement a strategy for engaging unmotivated and disengaged prisoners in programmes.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of new programmes and interventions making recommendations about risk and non-compliance to ensure such issues are managed effectively within the prison.
- Develop and promote a staff awareness package to improve understanding of programmes creating support for other groups in encouraging suitable candidates and then supporting them during and post programme.
- Complete an annual needs analysis of the population to link with Commissioning Intentions on behalf of the establishment.
- Oversee regular audits to ensure contractual and intervention integrity compliance. Through this ensuring the Interventions Team are working in a therapeutic and treatment focused manner.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture within the establishment.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
You must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, alongside good negotiation and influencing skills with experience of working in a custodial setting.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be a dynamic and engaging individual with a good sense of humour. As a proven professional, you will be an integral part of the HMP Five Wells team.
In return, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, holiday entitlement, life assurance, company pension, comprehensive training and career development.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Please note for internal candidates, your Director/Line Manager will be made aware of your initial application
Jobs that might be of interest:Interventions Facilitator
Apply now Anglican Chaplain
Apply now Free Church Chaplain
Apply now Roman Catholic Chaplain
Apply now Muslim Chaplain