Internal Auditor Wellingborough £22,000
Internal AuditorLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £22,000 | Posted: 19 Sep 2021 | Closes: 10 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10509
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£22,000 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a gold standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, peer-led resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are now looking for two Internal Auditors to join the Compliance Team at HMP Five Wells. Reporting to the Quality and Performance Manager you will provide and ensure compliance with the establishments audit schedule and conduct all audits as outlined in the schedule. You will provide an effective and efficient service ensuring adherence to all policies, procedures, PSI’s and PSO’s
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work individually using their own initiative or as part of a team. Working in a fast paced environment, you will provide professional advice, guidance and support to operational and line management to meet business stream objectives in line with legislation and best practice.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure compliance with the agreed audit schedule and conduct all audits in accordance with Prison Service requirements (Self Audit Procedures)
- Carry out audits as per schedule
- Conduct local department audits in line with the audit schedule, providing assurance to the Director and relevant Functional Heads
- Work with relevant Functional Head’s to develop post audit action plans in order to address any areas of concern or non-compliance;
- Accurately collate data and produce audit reports to evidence audit outcomes
- Conduct monthly Assurance Assessments as per the audit schedule and complete assessment documents to report outcomes;
- Develop communications between other prison staff and the audit team
- Liaise with Functional Heads and Departmental Managers, maintaining clear and open communication in relation to audit schedules
- Advise and assist in preparation for external
- Complete weekly compliance checks in each department and feedback outcomes
- Liaise with the Security Department to ensure the LSS contains extant PSI’s, PSO’s and Policy Frameworks
- Maintain a database containing details of all Operating Procedures, including review dates.
- Utilise Crystal to support the development of the Prison and assist in predicting future HMIP outcomes
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to maintain appropriate best practice standards and relevant external accreditation;
The Ideal Candidate:
The role requires an individual with a keen eye for detail with excellent IT skills using Google packages and the ability to keep to strict, non-negotiable deadlines.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be an engaging individual with a good sense of humour, who shares our ethics and values and is eager to support. A proven professional with professionalism and integrity, you will play an integral part to the Prisons success.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Internal Auditor
Apply now Interventions Facilitator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Free Church Chaplain
Apply now Anglican Chaplain