Information Assurance Manager Wellingborough, Northamptonshire £30,000
Information Assurance ManagerLocation: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire | Salary: £30,000 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 14 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10559
INFORMATION ASSURANCE MANAGER
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£30,000 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, Team, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work individually using their own initiative or as part of a team to join our Care & Rehabilitation Services team. The core function of the role is to identify operational and security risks for the contract. The successful candidate will support the implementation of ISO27001 and will be responsible for monitoring performance to ensure that HMP Five Wells maintains accreditation.
Working within the audit function and reporting to the Head of Audit, Quality and Compliance, you will support the monitoring of KPT’s, CDI’s and complete compliance checks.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Work with relevant personnel on the roll out of ISO27001 across the establishment, ensuring the site meets the requirements needed to manage information security
- Manage and oversee the ongoing monitoring of ISO27001 in order to maintain accreditation
- Identify and report weaknesses with existing cyber security and set-up routine cyber health checks to identify vulnerabilities and test cyber security controls
- Plan and conduct a programme of internal and second-party audits to measure compliance with security policy and associated standards
- Manage the information security risk register and ensure that all known risks are appropriately assessed
- Close liaison and working relationships with departmental Senior Managers, in order to obtain monthly CDIs, KPI & KPT information
- Attend meetings, provide reports and deliver presentations as required
- Regular engagement with Senior Managers, Stakeholders and the Authority/Client
- Support investigations into breaches of cyber security and data handling
- Any other tasks required in order to support and maintain business operations
- Ability to confidently and independently use Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides & Google Mail
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Qualified or willing to become ISO27001 Lead Auditor and Implementer
- Experience of collating data and analysis of data
- Qualified or willing to become Certified Security and Information Risk Advisor (SIRA)
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, have the ability to prioritise workload and challenge where necessary. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as working proactively and using your own initiative. It is key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios. You will possess strong organisational and communication skills, have experience of working within a fast paced environment in a similar role and will be dedicated to providing a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Network Engineer (3 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG
Apply now IT Field Engineer (4 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG
Apply now IT Field Engineer
Location: Northampton NN1 5BU
Apply now Junior Test Analyst