Industries Instructor - General Wellingborough £25,000
Industries Instructor - GeneralLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £25,000 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 14 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10560
INDUSTRIES INSTRUCTOR - GENERAL
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£25,000 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a gold standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, peer-led resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are now looking for a number of skilled Industries Instructors to join our Activities Function at HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough. You will be working closely with Prisoners on a daily basis and coordinate workshop activities in line with Prison regime requirements, developing the prisoners skills and supporting them through qualifications.
The people in your care will have a variety of different needs and it will be your role to ensure those individuals are treated with dignity and respect and helped to find a new way of life whilst maintaining a safe, secure and structured environment.
You will have a number of key responsibilities that assist Prisoner reform, as well as playing a key role in providing prisoners with structure and routine, supporting their working day, some of these key responsibilities of this role are:
- Deliver and Coach prisoners through qualifications in line with the purpose of the workshop
- Supervise and control prisoners within the workshops so that the good order of the prison is maintained
- Complete and return regime monitoring documentation so that accurate statistics can be produced
- Assist in the planning and organising of the product workflow to achieve optimum performance of the workshop
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements
- Monitor all areas of the workshop to ensure they are kept clean, tidy and presentable and are operating in accordance with appropriate Health & Safety procedures
- Check that all tools or stores items including consumables are accounted for at all times so that security is maintained
- Search individuals, workshops and surrounding areas and confiscate prohibited items and / or contraband in order to maintain safety and security in line with standards
- Promote an environment that supports the welfare and safety of staff and prisoners so that prisoner behaviour and the good order of the prison is controlled and maintained
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as working proactively and using your own initiative. It is key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios. You will possess strong organisational and communication skills, have experience of working within a fast paced environment in a similar role and will be dedicated to providing a high quality service to both internal and external customers. You will be involved in the delivery of a range of full-time and part-time programmes within the curriculum area, all of which will be supplied for you. You must be engaging and motivated to support people through a pathway.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us
Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Interventions Facilitator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *Full and Part Time Roles*
Apply now Internal Auditor
Apply now Operational Support Officer (Prison Security Officer)