Industries Instructor - Catering Workshop Wellingborough £30,560.00
Industries Instructor - Catering WorkshopLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £30,560.00 | Posted: 31 Jan 2024 | Closes: 27 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15019
INDUSTRIES INSTRUCTOR - CATERING WORKSHOP
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£30,560 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
Rarely does an opportunity to make your mark and further your career come up like this. HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough is setting a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison is the UK’s first purpose-built, new resettlement Prison. After opening in 2022 it is a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future and has become an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are now looking for a number of Industry Tutors to join our Activities Function at HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough. You will be working closely with Prisoners on a daily basis and will coordinate workshop activities in line with Prison regime requirements, developing the prisoners skills and supporting them through qualifications. The people in your care will have a variety of different needs and it will be your role to ensure those individuals are treated with dignity and respect and helped to find a new way of life whilst maintaining a safe, secure and structured environment.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful team at HMP Five Wells, where you can utilise your skills in a busy, fully equipped, new, and modern workshop and have the opportunity to develop your skills further.
We are now looking for a Prisoner Workshop Supervisor working in the training kitchen to join our fast paced Activities Team at HMP Five Wells. The right applicant should be enthusiastic and have the ability to motivate learners with good communication skills. You will also coordinate workshop activities in line with Prison regime requirements while supporting and developing the prisoner’s skills.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Responsible for the organisation & supervision of the kitchen team.
- Responsibility for the day to day supervision of the safe & hygienic preparation and service of food.
- Ensure all relevant Health and Safety policies are followed by all team members.
- Maintain and regularly update all food safety documentation, ensuring that all operational practices are in line with the G4S Food Safety Management System.
- Liaise with Environmental Health & external Food safety auditors and complete any resulting corrective action plans as necessary.
- To plan and cost daily / weekly restaurant menu options.
- To plan and cost hospitality menus
- Delivery of hospitality functions and requests
- Ensure menu recipes are followed correctly and waste is controlled
- Responsible for the control of purchasing, stock storage & management, and liaising with suppliers.
- Responsible for monitoring appliances & equipment and ensuring PPM happens.
- Accurate recording of daily sales and daily cash reconciliations
- Completion of End of month reconciliations, including accurate monthly stocktaking and reporting of sales & performance
- Selection, recruitment and kitchen training of team members
- Maintain and manage team member P-files
- Ordering and management of uniforms & PPE
- Planning of weekly staffing rotas
The Ideal Candidate:
- Food Safety Level 3
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Resilience Skills
- Attention To Health And Safety
- IOSH Qualifications
- Experience Of Fresh Cooking And Leading A Team
The successful applicant must have experience in the Catering sector and experience delivering catering in a learning setting. Ideally, the candidate will be a qualified teacher or willing to work towards their teaching qualification. They will be enthusiastic and able to motivate a wide range of learners towards successful careers in the Catering industry. An ability to work in partnership with others and excellent interpersonal skills are also required.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process .
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and HMPPS and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Digital Support Manager
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - Part Time
Apply now Night Security Officer