ICT TrainerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £27,000 per annum based on full time 40 hours per week. | Posted: 29 Aug 2019 | Closes: 22 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19112
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as an ICT Trainer.
You will be required to provide training to police officers and our clients in relation to ICT Training, particularly Police IT Systems.
The role will require occasional weekend work and regional/national travel therefore access to your own vehicle is a necessity.
- Deliver training for the ICT portfolio with primary focus on bespoke, national and police ICT systems ensuring that client needs are achieved and training requirements are responded to appropriately.
- Actively support continuous improvement of our programme content through the review, design and development of courses to support our blended learning approach.
- Ensure that our products are designed and delivered in accordance with mandatory/ legal requirements taking into account changes in regional or national policies or legislation updates.
- Support the development of new ways of delivering training to maximise performance and ensure the business demonstrates a continuous learning culture.
- Support our ethos of maintaining high standards by ensuring that all training material and supporting documentation is completed in line with our QA and internal or external assessment procedures.
- Ensure that learners have the required skills to successfully, safely and effectively perform the duties of their roles through effective assessment of participants during the training process.
- Champion ‘continuous professional development’ by keeping up to date with developments in training through embracing an autodidactic approach alongside maintaining a formal individual development plan to maintain knowledge and competence within the policing environment.
- Liaise closely with client subject matter experts to support the continuous improvement of materials to ensure currency and relevance with Force trends
- Support internal G4S initiatives around training delivery across the UK to support service delivery
- Act in accordance with security, safety and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of service delivery
- Ensure all students are fully aware of Data Protection/Security, Computer Misuse and local policies. Ensure IT users are aware of occupational health issues in their use of display screen equipment to reduce potential for task-related strain or injury.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the Organisations Goals & Objectives
- Supporting & Working With Others
- Delivering Objectives
- Acting Professionally
- Dealing with Complexity
- Sharing & Co-operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Must hold AET or relevant training qualification as a minimum (or be willing to work towards)
- Be willing to undertake training to attain a Level 5 Trainer qualification
- Proven delivery of multiple training methodologies and classroom facilitation
- Excellent written, oral ,inter-personal and communication skills
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Office and all of the packages
- Pro-active and positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage workload with conflicting priorities
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in a police or emergency service
- Design and delivery of IT Courses
- Experience delivering Police IT Courses (NICHE, PNC, PND, PRONTO, NSPIS
- Training Needs Analysis