Human Resources Representative Richmond, BC Competitive
Human Resources RepresentativeLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 21 Apr 2022 | Closes: 21 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/220268
Human Resources Representative
Airports are gateways to the world and our Allied Universal team is leading the way.
As a member of the Allied Universal Aviation Team, you will have the distinct opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. We understand the importance of this role and are looking for team members who want to safeguard their communities, while learning critical skills, beyond security, that will help them create long-lasting careers.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the HR Representative will be responsible for a wide range of general and administrative human resources duties. They will support the rest of the HR team as needed, and specifically will work with the HR Generalists to provide HR support for Managers and employees in all areas of HR. This is an entry-level HR generalist role.
Major Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the other members of the HR team in completing various administrative tasks and assisting as needed
- Secondary point of contact for employee inquiries
- Perform various administrative functions such as updating employee data in HRIS, processing new hires and terminations, assisting with recruitment (i.e. interviews, background checks, etc.), employment letters, employee reports, mail/couriers, kitchen/office supplies, and maintaining employee files
- Ensures alignment with established policies and procedures
- HR projects
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- University Degree or Diploma in Business (with a HR focus/specialization)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Efficiency In Oral And Written Communication
- Proficiency With Microsoft Office Applications
- Coaching, Mentoring, Motivating
- Assess and Evaluate Situations
- Identify Critical Issues Quickly and Accurately
- Set Attainable Goals for Self and Others
- Identify Details and Alternatives
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Lead Through Teamwork, Collaboration and Cooperation
- Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence
- Superior Customer Service Orientation
- Mediate Conflict With Tact, Diplomacy
- Promotes Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Synthesize Facts, Concepts, Principles
- Develop Effective Customer Relations
- Ability to Recognize Cause and Effect
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment
Other Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Bilingual French/English.
- CPHR certification.
- Proficiency with the Google suite of Applications.
- Experience dealing with unions.
About the Company:
G4S is now known as Allied Universal Security Services.
Allied Universal - Aviation Division delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
Allied Universal is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Allied Universal est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Human Resources Generalist
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now HR Advisor (Generalist)