Human Resources Representative Richmond, BC Competitive
Human Resources RepresentativeLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 18 Nov 2021 | Closes: 18 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/7554146/219013
Human Resources Representative
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC), credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the HR Representative will be responsible for a wide range of general and administrative human resources duties. They will support the rest of the HR team as needed, and specifically will work with the HR Generalists to provide HR support for Managers and employees in all areas of HR. This is an entry-level HR generalist role.
Major Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for supporting the other members of the HR team in completing various administrative tasks and assisting as needed
- Secondary point of contact for employee inquiries
- Various administrative functions such as updating employee data in HRIS, processing new hires and terminations, assisting with recruitment (i.e. interviews, background checks, etc.), employment letters, employee reports, mail/couriers, kitchen/office supplies, and maintaining employee files
- Ensures alignment with established policies and procedures
- HR projects
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- University Degree or Diploma in Business (with a HR focus/specialization)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Efficiency In Oral And Written Communication
- Proficiency With Microsoft Office Applications
- Coaching, Mentoring, Motivating
- Assess and Evaluate Situations
- Identify Critical Issues Quickly and Accurately
- Set Attainable Goals for Self and Others
- Identify Details and Alternatives
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Lead Through Teamwork, Collaboration and Cooperation
- Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence
- Superior Customer Service Orientation
- Mediate Conflict With Tact, Diplomacy
- Promotes Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Synthesize Facts, Concepts, Principles
- Develop Effective Customer Relations
- Ability to Recognize Cause and Effect
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment
Other Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Bilingual French/English.
- CPHR certification.
- Proficiency with the Google suite of Applications.
- Experience dealing with unions.
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:HR Coordinator (£23,000 once training completed)