Human Resources Officer - Part TIme BRIDGEND £28,180.00 pro rata
Human Resources Officer - Part TImeLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £28,180.00 pro rata | Posted: 25 Apr 2022 | Closes: 13 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Fixed Term | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11548
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP & YOI Parc and Community Contracts, Bridgend South Wales
Salary £28,180 pro rata per annum
Fixed Term Contract Until 31/12/2022 – Part Time (24 hours per week)
Hybrid working options available and flexibility on when hours are worked to suit the right candidate
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Are looking for your next challenge? Are you a highly organised and focused HR Professional?
Do you have drive? Enthusiasm? Work well under pressure? Have a good sense of humour?
This is a great opportunity to work across two high performing contracts, both of which hold innovation and initiative as their core values to support and enable offenders to rehabilitate.
Rarely does an opportunity to make your mark and further your career come up like this in a very unique environment.
We are now looking for a HR Officer to join our onsite HR team at HMP & YOI Parc in Bridgend. You will be responsible for supporting the HR Advisor in providing a pro-active, effective and efficient HR service to all employees within HMP & YOI Parc and the Community Contracts across South Wales, in line with relevant employment law and best practice.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide professional HR support and advice to ensure all elements of the employee lifecycle are undertaken to a high standard and within a timely manner; including absence management, grievance and disciplinary.
- Lead and assist on TUPE change situations to ensure they are carried out in accordance with best practice and employment law.
- Coach, support and motivate the HR administration staff in order to develop and enhance individual and team performance and to optimise service delivery.
- Be the ‘Number Two’ in the HR team, deputising for the HR Business Advisor where necessary.
- Work autonomously to maintain a thorough understanding of the business in order to deliver effective and commercial HR solutions.
- Assist Line Managers to proactively manage their team through Company performance management tools and responding appropriately to the employee’s needs, especially relating to flexible working, diversity, inclusion and equality and family friendly matters.
- Provide accurate data and produce management information relating to employees, in order to inform line management of trends and statistics, in accordance with Company requirements.
- Check and validate the accuracy of make up to gross pay ensuring that Terms and Conditions, pay rules and deadlines are met for monthly payroll.
- Contribute to partnership working with trade unions and employee representative groups to optimise people related matters and engagement.
- Participate in the Security Screening process, supplying and clarifying information and advising as necessary to ensure that the security screening process complies with both HMPPS and Company standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working within a HR environment and knowledge of TUPE alongside being CIPD qualified. They will be able to demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and challenge where necessary.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as working proactively and using your own initiative.
It is key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios. You will possess strong organisational and communication skills, have experience of working within a fast paced environment in a similar role and will be dedicated to providing a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
More about us
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) currently manages 5 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
HMP & YOI Parc has a reputation for delivering a high level of performance compiled with innovative projects. The work we also do with children and families of offenders has been described as an example of excellence and has been recognised with a number of national awards.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
For more information on HMP Parc, please visit https://hmpparc.co.uk/
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:OMU Case Administrator - Full time/Fixed Term Contract (12 mths)
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - PART TIME
Apply now Instructor - Production and Manufacturing
Apply now Bank Nurse