Human Resources Generalist Richmond, BC Competitive
Human Resources GeneralistLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 8 Nov 2021 | Closes: 8 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/218895
Human Resources Generalist
Are you looking for a challenging position where you will gain extensive experience in all functional areas of HR? If so this is the job for you! Come join an exciting division (Aviation) within a world-class Company, and help build the HR department into a best in class organization. You will make a difference in helping ensure the safety of over 25 million airline passengers! Our industry is a fast-paced, exciting environment where your innovation and creativity are needed. You will be working under a progressive Senior HR Director who is committed to helping you develop into an exceptional HR practitioner, and who values promoting internally. If you have a great attitude and a desire to learn and grow then apply today!
Reporting to a Human Resources Manager, the HRG will be responsible for supporting a client group in all areas of HR including labour relations (including grievance management), employee relations, compensation, recruitment, H&S, and employment law. The HRG will provide day to day support for all employees within their assigned client group, and specifically will guide/support Managers in their assigned client group as needed.
Major Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for supporting an assigned client group in all areas of HR
- Guiding/supporting Managers on all HR issues
- Grievance management, arbitration preparation
- Attendance management
- Various administrative functions for assigned client group
- Ensures alignment with established policies and procedures
- Drive employee engagement in assigned client group
- Participate in development & delivery of training programs for Managers
- HR projects
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- University Degree in Business or a related field. A Diploma will be considered in combination with extensive (5+) years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resources, dealing with a unionized workforce.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Efficiency In Oral And Written Communication
- Proficiency With Microsoft Office Applications
- Coaching, Mentoring, Motivating
- Assess and Evaluate Situations
- Identify Critical Issues Quickly and Accurately
- Set Attainable Goals for Self and Others
- Identify Details and Alternatives
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Lead Through Teamwork, Collaboration and Cooperation
- Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence
- Superior Customer Service Orientation
- Mediate Conflict With Tact, Diplomacy
- Promotes Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Synthesize Facts, Concepts, Principles
- Develop Effective Customer Relations
- Ability to Recognize Cause and Effect
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment
Other Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Bilingual French/English.
- CPHR certification.
- Proficiency with the Google suite of Applications.
- Experience dealing with multiple unions among the same workforce
About the Company:
The Aviation Division of Allied Universal Security Services provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:HR Coordinator (£23,000 once training completed)