Human Resources Generalist - Labour Relations Hamilton, ON Competitive
Human Resources Generalist - Labour RelationsLocation: Hamilton, ON | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 17 Oct 2019 | Closes: 17 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/172847
Human Resources Generalist
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions, including, but not limited to: background checks, drug screening (where applicable), minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to foll ow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Human Resources Generalist position is responsible for labour relations in unionized environments as well as generalist functions. This position will be responsible for addressing complaints concerning discrimination, sexual harassment, and workplace harassment, performance related issues, human rights complaints and other grievances and provides investigative support in such matters. This role will also provide guidance and support concerning employee relations and disciplinary actions. The Human Resources Generalist will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate policies and applicable Federal, Provincial, Municipal and local laws.
The Ideal Candidate:
Must have a College Diploma or equivalent experience. Post-Secondary education is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Labour Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, or Human Resources Administrator with relevant labour relations experience.
- Human Resources designation is an asset but not mandatory.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Supports branches in designated region by conducting employee relations investigations
- Works through to resolution of new and ongoing employee relations issues, such as complaints, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans
- Effectively handles and resolves employee complaints and grievances and assist with arbitrations
- Ensures labor relations policies and procedures used within the organization align with current process and approach across designated region
- Provides guidance and interpretation on Collective Bargaining Agreements within assigned region
- Ensures compliance on all provisions within the Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Proactively communicates with senior management any issues that may have a significant impact to the business
- Ensure proper documentation and records of all grievances and arbitrations
- Collaborate, build and maintain positive relationships with employees, management and union representatives
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: