Human Resource Director - Zambia Lusaka 0.00 - 0.00
Human Resource Director - ZambiaLocation: Lusaka | Salary: 0.00 - 0.00 | Posted: 14 Jul 2021 | Closes: 21 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Zambia | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/7451287/214390
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
G4S Zambia seeks to appoint a Human Resources Director who will be part of the Executive
Management Team and will be involved in the development and implementation of the business strategy for Zambia.
The successful candidate will have to create and deliver a HR strategy that is aligned with the
strategic priorities and is consistent with the Regional and Group HR strategy and standards.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive HR corporate plan which takes appropriate account of
- people and organisational matters which may affect sustainable performance.
- Monitors the external employment and labour market environment, networking and influencing as appropriate to support the business strategy and the G4S brand.
- Ensures compliance with local employment laws and relevant industry regulations.
- Leads and develops the HR team
Organisation and Culture
- Regularly review structures and ways of working within the business, consulting and engaging employees as required, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a value champion for the G4S values, leading by example.
- Ensures whistleblowing or ethical matters are thoroughly investigated, that appropriate action is taken related to specific cases and that the organisation learns from issues and themes arising
- Implements plans to position G4S as an attractive employer for targeted labour markets by promoting a positive employer brand.
- Establishes the business unit’s screening policy and manages screening processes to ensure adherence to regulatory or customer requirements as well as G4S policy.
Learning and Development
- Takes a lead in planning effective employee Induction and On the Job training.
- Oversees the effectiveness of performance management policies and processes for employees at all levels, personally handling matters related to senior management where appropriate
- Establishes talent processes and succession plans to build the capability required to deliver the business strategy.
Employee Relation Functions
- Champions employee engagement.
- Fosters a fair and inclusive workplace.
- Implements internal communication plans which support achievement of the longer term business plan as well as delivery of short term results.
Administration and Employee Benefits
- Ensures jobs are fairly and accurately graded in line with G4S grading structure.
- Reviews and sets competitive pay and benefits, in line with job grade and local market.
- Implements programmes which reward and recognise achievements and behaviour in line with values.
Health and Safety
- Supports the Managing Director and works closely with the H&S specialist to develop and implement plans which continually improve Health & Safety performance in the business.
- Oversees the operation of the business unit’s H&S management system to effectively manage risk and reduce incidents.
- Ensures employees at all levels are familiar with their responsibilities for H&S.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources or Management
- Post Graduate Qualification in HRM
- 7+ years' of professional HR experience, ideally from a services oriented business, with a combination of corporate and business unit line experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
Jobs that might be of interest:HR Systems and Process Manager
Location: Stockton on Tees, United Kingdom
Apply now HR Systems and Process Manager
Location: Stockton on Tees, United Kingdom
Apply now Recruiter and Branch Administrator - Contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Apply now Contract Administrator - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Human Resources Officer