HR Coordinator Worksop £18,200 raising to £20,000 once trained
HR CoordinatorLocation: Worksop | Salary: £18,200 raising to £20,000 once trained | Posted: 20 Nov 2020 | Closes: 6 Dec 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2059
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent full-time HR Coordinator to join our busy team in Worksop. In this role, you will undertake all administrative duties for the HR Helpline team to ensure a smooth running of the HR Shared Services department. If you are IT literate with good organisational skills and able to work with fluctuating workloads to tight deadlines then we would love to hear from you. Previous HR experience would be an advantage, however, full training will be given.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Maintain appropriate HR databases as and when changes are made.
- Provide support in the annual pay reviews and letter production.
- Provide support in maintaining the correct data for those in scope for the Management Bonus Scheme.
- Provide guidance and practical expertise to line managers for all issues relating to the employee life cycle, via e-mail and the advisory line to ensure the best performance of both their team as a whole and the individuals within it, wherever possible resolving issues remotely without the need for them to be passed to a field-based colleague when appropriate in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all incoming calls/e-mails to the helpline desk are logged, allocated a reference number and closed out, or referred on if necessary.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives aimed at improving people management and business performance.
- Ensure all queries to the advisory desk are dealt with in a timely manner, whilst being aware of payroll cut off dates.
- To administer long service awards.
- To administer employee of the month/year awards.
- To maintain the electronic p file filing system (including electronic).
- To keep Workforce (or any other HR database) and employee records up to date.
- To provide ad hoc assistance to HR Advisor/team.
- Administering staff the take-up and operation of employee benefits such as Pension Scheme membership, Private Healthcare Plan, maternity/paternity leave and benefits, company car and car allowance, bonus schemes and annual salary reviews etc.
- Provide administrative support to assist in the smooth running of the department.
- Handle routine departmental enquiries in a professional manner, escalating as appropriate, to resolve queries or enable actions to be taken.
- Deal effectively with incoming and outgoing mail ensuring it is opened, date stamped and issued to appropriate team member.
- Prepare standard letters and other documentation as required, in order to ensure department needs are met.
- Maintain accurate filing systems so that information can be readily accessed.
- Order office stationery supplies as requested so that appropriate stock levels are maintained and supplies are available as required.
- Support other team members to ensure the efficiency of the department.
- Identify and develop personal knowledge and the ability to utilise all available resources.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external stakeholders, in line with company policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
Whilst this is a full-time role, applications will be considered from applicants who can work full days if these can be matched to others for a job share. If this is the case, then please ensure your covering letter confirms the days you can work (the hours will vary between 8am until 5pm on a rota).
The role is based out of our Worksop site.