HR Business Systems Specialist (24 hours per week) Lincoln £23,000 per annum based on 40 hours per week
HR Business Systems Specialist (24 hours per week)Location: Lincoln | Salary: £23,000 per annum based on 40 hours per week | Posted: 13 Mar 2020 | Closes: 2 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G20/31
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Business Systems Specialist.
This is a part time position for 24 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide an effective systems function to G4S and client organisations, by ensuring the effective service delivery of HR Business Systems through their development and maintenance.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
- Provide a contact point for specialist advice in the use of HR systems, including iTrent, t-Police and Crown DMS.
- Be responsible for the accuracy, consistency and quality of the data held on the systems and challenge any deviation from it.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the systems; including maintenance of user roles, access rights, configuration and regular audits of data input; ensuring system integrity and compliance with the relevant policies.
- Maintain a library of reports, ensuring that they are updated and reflect any changes in policy and practice. Develop new reports where required and ensure that accurate management information is provided in relation to business service requirements.
- Arrange and carry out site visits and business road shows as required, in order to offer assistance, advice and guidance and identify further training needs for users of the systems.
- Provide data for management and reports as required, including the HMIC returns and requirements for audits.
- Prepare and maintain systems protocols and documentation; develop, monitor and review business processes linked to the systems.
- Ensure the maximum benefits are realised through the use of HR systems, playing an active involvement in business solution development through the liaison with system owners, data quality monitoring and feedback, and making suggestions for improvements.
- Manage the implementation of upgrades/ interfaces, maintenance and on-going development of the systems. Liaise with IT and third party suppliers to ensure that upgrades are tested and piloted to support a timely and effective implementation.
- Ensure data links between the systems and third party supplier interfaces operate in a smooth and efficient manner. Liaise with IT and third party suppliers to report faults, initiate fault resolution procedures and give regular updates on progress to Users.
- Participate and attend regional, national and local User Groups, and liaise with the appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure consistency of approach, best practice and shared knowledge, to contribute to the future development of the systems.
- Work closely with the Payroll Department to provide timely information, in accordance with Payroll deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Dealing with complexity
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience of working on computer systems
- Experience of working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Proven experience of producing standard and bespoke reports
- Proven experience of database interrogation to provide management information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience
- Attention to detail, with the ability to collate, analyse and evaluate data to present accurate information
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills and offer solutions
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with members of staff
- Ability to negotiate and diplomatically influence others including the promotion of good practice
- Displays motivation and perseverance
- Able to use own initiative; be self-motivated and work unsupervised
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working within a Police Force or similar organisation.
- Experience of creating and using DMS rostering and reporting tools and producing non-technical guidance and / or procedures
- Experience of using Police Force systems or Oracle based applications
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act
- Knowledge of Police working environment
Jobs that might be of interest:Tier 3 Support Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Apply now Pro Services Engineer
Apply now Assembly Technician - G4S Deposita - South Africa
Apply now Technician - G4S Deposita - South Africa (Role of interest)