HR Business Partner - 3 Month FTC (Project Support) Sutton Head Office £40,000 per annum
HR Business Partner - 3 Month FTC (Project Support)Location: Sutton Head Office | Salary: £40,000 per annum | Posted: 14 Feb 2019 | Closes: 5 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6401
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Responsible for providing HR support to multiple projects. The role focuses on value added services and the responsibility for maintaining and advising on HR policy and systems consistent with the HR strategy and current legislations. The role will require close liaison with the Project Managers and Sponsors and Heads of Department within the project regions to achieve project objectives.
- To participate in other HR projects as they arise
- Ensuring the maintenance and support of the HR Policies and Procedures
- To undertake all other reasonable duties as requested by the HR Team.
- Working with the Development, H&S and payroll teams to ensure the delivery of high quality management, administrative and operational employees through quality selection processes
- Working with Operational management teams to support the delivery of high quality management, administrative and operational employees through quality selection processes
- Working alongside the Development, H&S and Payroll teams to ensure a positive employee life cycle commencing with on-boarding
- Provide the business with a robust and consistent HR service
- Providing HR input to tenders and customer contracts
- To build close, open, honest relationships with Project Managers and Sponsors, Area Directors, Heads of Departments and Cash Centre Managers including attending and contributing to their monthly meetings
- Introduce process improvements to reduce costs or improve service levels
- Provide management information and HR KPI measures
- Providing employment law advice, both remotely and face to face in complex situations
- To manage the TUPE-in and TUPE-out of employees as situations arise
- Assist with the implementation of HR policy consistent with HR strategy and current legislation
- To oversee the management of the Company Grievance procedure
- Communicating and negotiating with employees and unions as appropriate
- To oversee the management of Data Protection Act/GDPR issues
- To oversee the management of the Company Disciplinary procedure to minimise the risk to the business
The Ideal Candidate:
- Five years general HR experience at senior level
- Experience of disciplinary/grievance/redundancy and ill health issues
- Well developed knowledge and understanding of employment law and best practice within HR
- Experience of developing HR policies and processes
- Well organised and able to prioritise a busy workload
- CIPD graduate qualified preferred
- A flexible approach to travel as frequently commute around the UK to G4S sites.
- Able to undertake travel for work purposes frequently including early starts and late finishes as well as frequent overnight stays
- Confident to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Experience of working professionally in a highly confidential environment