HR AdvisorLocation: | Salary: £36,000-£41,500 | Posted: 21 Feb 2024 | Closes: 20 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15236
Salary: £36,000 - £41,500 per annum
Working Hours: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
Location: Nationwide - Home based with regular site visits (London and South)
Excellent Company benefits including Contributory Pension and Company Car
As a leading Facilities Management company, G4S FM improves the lives of millions of people across the UK and Ireland. Creating a clean, safe, healthy and secure environment for people to work in is vital. Our Facilities Management teams work with some of the most important Government contracts, hospitals and schools. You will be making a difference, enabling and supporting these core businesses.
Within your role at G4S, you will be valued and supported, and provided with first class training and competitive benefits.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join our team to support the HR Business Partner in providing an excellent professional field-based HR advisory service to line managers requiring advice, support, guidance and training on people management issues to maximise the effectiveness of our human resource, where appropriate, referring queries back to the HR Helpline or Senior HR Business Partner where appropriate.
This is a hybrid role working from home with regular site visits in the London and South region and a company car is provided. The role is full time working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 5:30 pm. However, there is a requirement to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide guidance and practical expertise to line managers on policy related issues to ensure the best performance of both their team as a whole and the individuals within it – this includes providing professional advice and support in disciplinaries, grievances, appeals and performance management issues.
- Ensure all case details are recorded on the correct system to ensure colleagues are kept up to date at all times.
- Liaise with the HR Helpline where needed, on data and case by case updates.
- Provide professional advice and support during any investigation process, for example a complaint from an employee, in a timely manner.
- Provide professional advice and support to managers in long-term sick cases, including Occupational Health/Ill Health retirement. Pro-actively review and ensure effective management of long-term sickness cases and frequent short-term sickness cases.
- Provide support to managers on site dealing with other issues such as home visits.
- Undertake employee consultation as part of TUPE/reorganisation, by providing support to managers in 1-2-1’s, data gathering and managing letter production.
- Provide education and coaching to line managers.
- Support the (S)HRBP in the collation and analysis of HR information, including the monitoring of HR activity against key performance metrics, to ensure that HR is clearly ‘adding value’ to the business. Identify any trends, take necessary action and feedback where appropriate.
- Ensure that the (S)HRBP and line managers are fully supported with issues around organisational change and development, such as reorganisation, mobilisation/de-mobilisation, acquisitions and disposals, including ensuring ‘due diligence’ and effective communication.
- Support Head of HR Bids, Mobilisations and Projects in work winning process and the (S)HR BP’s in the mobilisation of contracts – for example, providing support at open days, supporting in the production of bid documentation, providing support to the mobilisation process often at short notice.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives aimed at improving people, management and business performance.
- Managing the formal (and informal) relationship with recognised trade unions and providing data where appropriate.
- Assist managers in dealing with completing the G4S screening and vetting process including DBS issues and bad references.
- Provide recruitment support, including approval of Vacancy Notification Forms, interview and vetting support to local management in regional areas.
- Inputs to planning activities with horizons of typically up to 6 months e.g. workforce planning.
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards.
- Analysing and giving feedback on HR metrics/data (e.g. giving feedback on the staff survey and suggestions for improvement).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working as a HR generalist or HR Advisor.
- CIPD Level 5 or working towards
- Be accustomed to working in a challenging fast paced environment, whilst working on multiple projects simultaneously to specific deadlines.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility to travel within your own geographical area of responsibility and wide
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Refer A Friend incentives.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services.
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical.
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.