HR Advisor Worksop Up to £35,000 p.a. depending on experience
HR AdvisorLocation: Worksop | Salary: Up to £35,000 p.a. depending on experience | Posted: 21 Jan 2022 | Closes: 23 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2241
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
We have an exciting opportunity for a generalist HR Advisor with strong employee relations experience to join our small HR team based in Worksop. Reporting to the Head of HR you will provide support to a wide range of services within Regional Management and Corporate Services. Managers and staff are based across the UK so some travel will be involved in this role. Working on your own initiative, you will have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels as well as the ability to build and develop good quality, professional relationships in order to succeed in this role.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
- Provide guidance and practical expertise to line managers on policy related issues to ensure the best performance of both their team as a whole and the individuals within it – this includes providing professional advice and support in disciplinaries, grievances, appeals and performance management issues. Ensure all case details are recorded on the correct system to ensure colleagues are kept up to date at all times
- Provide professional advice and support during any investigation process, for example a complaint from an employee, in a timely manner
- Provide professional advice and support to managers in long-term sickness absence cases, including Occupational Health/Ill Health retirement. Pro-actively review and ensure effective management of long-term sickness cases and frequent short-term sickness cases
- Provide support to managers on site dealing with other issues such as home visits
- Undertake employee consultation as part of TUPE/reorganisation, by providing support to managers in 1-2-1’s, data gathering and managing letter production
- Provide education and coaching to line managers
- Highlight issues with a strategic, legal or employee relations impact to the HRBP
- Support the Head of HR in the collation and analysis of HR information, including the monitoring of HR activity against key performance metrics, to ensure that HR is clearly ‘adding value’ to the business. Identify any trends, take necessary action and feedback where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Head of HR and line managers are fully supported with issues around organisational change and development, such as reorganisation, mobilisation/de-mobilisation, acquisitions and disposals, including ensuring ‘due diligence’ and effective communication
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives aimed at improving people management and business performance
- Ensure compliance to G4S Policies and Procedures at all times
- Provide recruitment support, including approval and advertising of the vacancy, interview and vetting support to local management and assist managers with organisation and management of recruitment processes and the application of a fair selection procedure
- Inputs to planning activities with horizons of typically up to 6 months e.g. workforce planning
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
- Interacts with client or users around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
- Analysing and giving feedback on HR metrics/data (e.g. giving feedback on the staff survey and suggestions for improvement)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working knowledge of one functional area through job experience and training
- Likely to have 2-5 years business experience/HR management experience
- Understanding of all aspects of HR including employee relations, recruitment and selection
- Strong Employee Relations experience
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels, ability to build and develop good quality professional relationships
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without need for close supervision.
- Flexibility to travel when required
- Good IT Skills
- Strong customer focus
- Previously worked with unions
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
No agencies please.
Jobs that might be of interest:DPA Implementation Manager - 6 month fixed term contract
Location: London or Home based. Will need to be able to attend meetings as required
Apply now HR Advisor (Generalist)
Apply now Human Resources Representative
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Human Resources Generalist
Location: Richmond, BC