HR Advisor Rugby £30,000 per annum
HR AdvisorLocation: Rugby | Salary: £30,000 per annum | Posted: 6 Feb 2019 | Closes: 3 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7481
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a HR Advisor to join our team in the Midlands region
Benefits as a HR Advisor:
- Salary of £30,000 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Full Time - 40 hours per week
To support the HR Business Partner in delivering a professional, effective HR plan and service in relation to the Health business.
- Provide additional HR support to SMT’s and managers on complex, high risk HR related matters across various G4S businesses and working with the HR Shared Services Team / MAC team as appropriate.
- Work closely with operational management teams to develop line management capability in line with the business succession plan, and the implementation of good people management practices.
- Support and encourage positive employee relations, engagement and communication across all operational contracts with the support of trade unions and employee representatives.
- To monitor and review employee relations issues on a monthly basis for SMT reporting and completion of open cases linking in with the MAC team to review and analyse data and trends.
- To support the business and HRBP in organisational change, new business and restructuring activity.
- Support the planning and implementation of contract mobilisations or demobilisations ensuring compliance in line with TUPE legislation.
- Develop, monitor, and review HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance whilst being fit for purpose.
- Support the implementation of outcomes of pay reviews.
- Support the management with the local implementation of cultural change initiatives and embed organisational values and behaviours in existing and new business.
- Review HR dashboard data and agreeing actions at a local level to address improvement requirements.
- Support the business in relation to Quality, Audit & Compliance matters as required.
- Support the delivery of the workforce plan requirements and monitor screening and vetting activity to ensure compliance of G4S standards.
- Support the production of reports as required, and implementation of actions identified as a result.
- To be an advocate for the development and implementation of equality initiatives/actions that support the business values of diversity and inclusion.
- Supporting business values and processes that underpin matters relating to safeguarding, business ethics and whistleblowing.
- Manage, develop and review Terms & Conditions for G4S staff.
- Support the implementation of learning and development plans to support individual and business growth, as well as ensuring compliance to all mandatory training activity.
- Attend and support business Regional Management Team meetings as and when required.Attend and contribute to cross business meetings/activity as required.
- Carry out any other duties as may be determined from time to time with the general scope of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working as a HR Advisor.
- Experience in change management
- Educated to degree level, CIPD qualified or evidence of CPD HR equivalent experience.
- Be accustomed to working in a challenging fast paced environment, whilst working on multiple projects simultaneously to specific deadlines.
- Previous experience of TUPE
- Have attention to detail, with excellent organisational and planning skills – able to work to tight time constraints.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Sound, up to date knowledge of UK employment law.
- Experience of collating, analysing and evaluation of information.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people gaining credibility at all levels.
- The ability to influence and negotiate.
- Able to challenge current practices in a constructive manner.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Flexibility to travel within own geographical area of responsibility and wider G4S locations,
- Experience within the Health or justice sector
- Experience of supporting mobilisation and demobilisations.
- Experience of working with AFC terms and conditions of employment
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest: