HR Administrator BRIDGEND £21,670.44
HR AdministratorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £21,670.44 | Posted: 14 May 2019 | Closes: 14 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7822
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
£21,670.44 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a HR Administrator to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
This role requires an experienced HR/Payroll Administrator who is used to working in a fast paced environment, who is able to manage a variety of different tasks and works well under pressure. The successful candidate will be highly organised with excellent interpersonal skills, provide administrative support to the HR Function in line with Company policy and procedures, and will be an integral part of the HR team.
- Provide a full and robust monthly Payroll service, administering the payroll system and processes and answering queries to ensure accurate payment
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the HR departmental team are met.
- Create and maintain HR records, both computerised and manual for all staff related issues so that accurate information is kept
- Collate, produce and distribute monthly and/or regular ad-hoc statisic reports for the HR Advisor/HR Officer so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information.
- Assist in the co-ordination of Recruitment activities to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as and when required
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements.
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, diaries and events where required ensuring individual and functional/departmental objectives are met, when required.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the function/department so that it is available when required.
- Deal with all routine queries to ensure an appropriate response is provided.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in similar role
- CIPD qualification
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.