Housekeeping Operative - Hinkley Point CLocation: Somerset | Salary: £10.05 | Posted: 29 Apr 2021 | Closes: 20 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9362
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for House Keeping Operatives to join our team at Hinkley Point C, Somerset, TA5 1UD.
As House Keeping Operative, you will work as part of a wider team of Housekeepers, adopting a ‘Flow Cleaning’ approach to service delivery and maintaining an exceptionally high standard of cleaning across the HPC site.
The salary for this role is £10.05 per hour.
This is a full-time role working 39 hours per week. You will be working alternating shift patterns, the hours for which are as follows:
Monday – Thursday 0530 to 1400
Friday hours - 0530 to 1300
Monday – Thursday 1330 to 2200
Friday Hours - 1230 to 2000
0800 to 1700
0800 to 1600
One weekend working in four.
- Ensure cleaning duties are carried out in a manner consistent with good Health & Safety Practice.
- To provide appropriate care and maintenance for the materials and equipment they use to carry out their duties.
- To actively suggest new methods of working which will enhance the level of service delivered to our customer.
- To ensure that you are adhering to the contracts uniform policy, wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to carry out the various duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be successful for this role, you will be flexible & reliable, have a commitment to high standards of cleanliness and timekeeping and experience in undertaking a range of cleaning duties.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities.