Housekeeper/DomesticLocation: Luton LU4 0FB | Salary: £8.91 | Posted: 10 May 2021 | Closes: 24 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9765
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for a Housekeeper/Domestic to join our team as part of our contract with Bedfordshire and Luton Mental Health and Wellbeing Services, supporting the East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT), managing health centres and outpatient clinics across the county.
This role will be based on the Onyx Ward at the Luton and Central Bedfordshire Mental Health Unit, Luton, LU4 0FB.
This is a part time role working 20 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday between 08:00-14:00 and 15:00-19:00. The salary for this role is £8.91 per hour.
As Housekeeper/Domestic, you will assist with a number of Cleaning and Catering duties on the ward, ensuring that standards are met at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Daily Duties:
- Assist with the preparation of breakfast.
- Ensure daily menu is on display both for Lunch and Supper.
- To serve meals to inpatients for lunch and supper, plus breakfast when required.
- Ensure the kitchen and dining rooms have been cleared ready for the next service.
- Receive and check deliveries from food supplier and report any discrepancies at time of delivery.
- Put away and deliveries in relevant storage areas, making sure of correct stock rotation
- Record temperatures in the food safety booklet.
- Put away the clean laundry as and when required.
- Prepare trolley and serve beverages including mid-morning and afternoon with snacks when required.
- Temperature recording of ward refrigerators twice daily, reporting and acting upon temperature failures.
- To ensure daily cleaning schedule is completed and signed off daily.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be successful for this role you should have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Ideally, you will have an awareness of basic food safety and experience of working in a catering environment within a hospital.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cleaner - Mountbatten House
Location: LU6 3HD, Luton
Apply now Porter
Location: Leighton Buzzard LU7 2TD
Apply now Duty Supervisor
Location: London E9 5TD
Apply now Premises Manager
Location: London E3 5DN
Apply now Domestic Assistant
Location: London E9 5TD