Housekeeper MK41 6AT £8.21 per hour
HousekeeperLocation: MK41 6AT | Salary: £8.21 per hour | Posted: 9 Apr 2019 | Closes: 21 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4680
We are actively seeking to recruit enthusiastic, hard working individuals in the role of Housekeepers to join our team to be based in one of our sites in Luton and Bedfordshire area.
This role and contract sits within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as schools, prisons, courts and hospitals and other public sector facilities is second to none.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 95 countries, globally and employ around 585,000 employees globally, which allows for the opportunity for personal development and growth within.
The main responsibilities that this role will involve are the following:
- Preparation of patient meals including serving of food, temperature probing, checking and recording, regeneration of food and programming of the oven;
- Preparation of patients’ beverages in accordance with the drink schedule;
- Wash and re-fill patients’ water jugs;
- Clear trays, beverage crockery and patients’ meal tables;
- Cleaning and dusting duties within the Ward, Ward kitchen and associated areas;
- Manual dishwashing activities within the Ward kitchen;
- Cleaning by manual or mechanical means in all areas, including building fabric, crockery and equipment in accordance with the Departmental and Ward cleaning schedules;
- Collection, segregation and disposal of all types of food and such waste materials;
- Liase with supervisor Ward and Departmental staff regarding any discrepancies or difficulties experienced with cleaning schedules;
- Maintenance of stock levels of Ward food and beverage issues at agreed minimum stock levels;
- Completion of catering log book and procedural paperwork in accordance with standing instructions;
- Check deliveries are accurate, follow correct HACCAP rules, and any shortages must be reported to a supervisor or the Contract Management Team;
- Observe Health and Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and all G4S and Trust procedures at all times, reporting any faults, defects or operational issues to your Supervisor/Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys working as a part of a hardworking, conscientious team in a fast pace environment. Due to the hospital environment it is important that you have good interpersonal skills and treat those that you come into contact with integrity and respect at all times.
Jobs that might be of interest:French Bilingual Bid Writer
Apply now Business Development Manager
Location: West Coast, United States