Hospital Detail Officer Clearwater, Florida $16.48 - $19.10
Hospital Detail OfficerLocation: Clearwater, Florida | Salary: $16.48 - $19.10 | Posted: 24 Apr 2020 | Closes: 31 Dec 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3742188/190239
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Hospital Detail Officer. As a Hospital Detail Officer, you will provide guard service on Inmates while hospitalized. This is an on-call (possibly permanent) position, with a maximum two hour response time. The Hospital Detail Officer will monitor the behavior of detainees in their custody. The Officer must be prior Law Enforcement, Corrections or Military Police.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Supervise and control detainee behavior during the detainees hospital stay and/or medical appointment(s); restrain by force if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints
- Perform searches of detainee, hospital room and nearby objects capable of concealing contraband
- Transport or escort detainees (passive and uncooperative) using handcuffs and/or other approved restraints in accordance with strict policy and procedure
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and need for protection the confidential information of each detainee
- Communicate effectively and coherently with hospital staff, G4S Management, Agency Management and/or detainees with approved facility communication devices including the telephone system, intercom system, and portable or base radios
- Maintain all issued equipment including firearm, duty gear, hospital bag, radio(s), and uniform items in functional and professional condition as set forth by G4S policy
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a Law Enforcement, Corrections or Military Police Officer
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, maneuvering up to 10 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Juvenile Assessment Center Officer
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Apply now Inmate Transport Officer
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale - Healthcare
Location: Largo, Florida
Apply now Armed Security Officer - Custom Protection
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Apply now Juvenile Assessment Center Officer
Location: Tampa, Florida