Historic Clinic Crisis Worker Cobridge SARC 12.30
Historic Clinic Crisis Worker Cobridge SARCLocation: | Salary: 12.30 | Posted: 12 Nov 2018 | Closes: 26 Nov 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Historic Clinic Crisis Worker Cobridge SARC
West Midlands Paediatric SARC Service
£12.30 per hour
6.5 hours per week (Thursdays 09.30-16.30)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the West Midlands Paediatric SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service.
The service provides acute and historic examinations, healthcare and support to clients under 18, across the West Midlands, West Mercia, Staffordshire and Warwickshire.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses,Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
The role of the historic crisis worker is to provide on-call advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands Paediatric Service SARC service at Cobridge SARC, Stoke.
To assess onward referrals required and facilitate referral pathways.
To provide on-call advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands Paediatric Service at Horizon SARC, Walsall. To
assess onward referrals required and facilitate referral pathways.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the agreed SARC venue within 75 minutes in the event of a call-out or at the agreed appointment time.
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients where required.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs required, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Service Coordinator (PSSC)
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To provide availability for a 24/7 on-call rota shift pattern.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S FMS and the SARC
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR)
- Carry out any reasonable request from your line manager
- Effective Communication Skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Multi-disciplinary Team working
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous Experience of working with Children and Young People
- Previous experience working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good safeguarding awareness
- Full driving license and access to own transport
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
You will be paid to be available to work for the service each Thursday, please note locations might change dependent on cases that day.
There are further opportunities to work on the acute rota at Walsall SARC for interested applicants.
When applying please state clearly HISTORIC CRISIS WORKER - COBRIDGE
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Crisis Worker
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Crisis Worker - The Bridgeway SARC
Location: Penrith, Cumbria
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bristol, City of
Apply now Primary Care Nurse