High End Commercial Security Toronto, Ontario $18/ hour
High End Commercial SecurityLocation: Toronto, Ontario | Salary: $18/ hour | Posted: 27 Aug 2019 | Closes: 27 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3487764/167299
Concierge Security Guard
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Concierge Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
As a G4S Concierge Security Guard, you have been carefully screened according to qualifications,experience, talents and overall disposition for the job you will be performing. You will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Pro-actively managing the first point of contact with customers within the site and directing customers to correct service points.
- Recognize the importance of all customers and the role every G4S Employee plays in influencing our client’s and their customers’ perceptions. While engaged in security operations, it is a G4S employee’s responsibility to be professional, reliable, credible, responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
- Monitor the exterior perimeter of the site to remove vagrants, panhandlers, loiterers and other persons exhibiting suspicious behaviour.
- Ensure that any accidents that occur on premises are reported to on-site management.
- Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace by ensuring that all safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and or site emergencies.
- Onsite First Aid responder until expert medical help arrives.
Maintain complete, accurate and up to date, patrol notes, incident reports and information management system (Secure Trax®) entries as required.
Maintain constant surveillance of assigned areas providing maximum visibility.
Ensure that all customers have left the premises and that the location and staff are secure before leaving at end of day.
Other security-related duties as assigned from time to time by G4S clients and G4S management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Equivalent college/university education related to the security industry (preferred).
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements (BST1).
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED certification.
- WHMIS and Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Non-Violent Crisis certification.
- Must be able to pass a 5-year verifiable employment background check
- Superior customer service orientation
- Ability to work with the public and deal with conflict resolution
- A positive and professional attitude
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- Knowledgeable on local trespass legislation, property acts and/or other laws affecting the client’s property to effectively maintain the site and facility.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard - High Profile
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Apply now High End Security Guard - Retail Division - Erin Mills area
Apply now Residential Front Desk Concierge
Location: Toronto, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Government Site Job Fair - Tuesday November 19th from 10am to 2pm
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON