Helpdesk Agent £21,731.95
Helpdesk AgentLocation: | Salary: £21,731.95 | Posted: 8 Feb 2024 | Closes: 29 Feb 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15317
Are you a caring and compassionate person looking to better use your skills to help people?
Don't have experience? Don’t worry, you have life skills and that's what we’re looking for!
Then we have the perfect role for you!
Our dedicated training team will guide you through our 2 week comprehensive training programme, helping you to develop the skills needed to begin and progress in your new rewarding career with us.
Chelmsford, CM1 2QE
40 hours per week, various shifts - full time
The Helpdesk Agent is the first point of contact for anyone wishing to query or chase a patient transport journey. The Helpdesk Agent role is predominantly to take enquiries from patients, patient representatives, care homes or health care professionals. Helpdesk Agents will also deal with transport complaints and take bookings for transport when required.
- Work as part of a team to carry out the above functions and represent G4S Healthcare within the NHS.
- Communicate effectively and liaise with patients, health care professionals and senior on call management as required.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner
- Escalate to Senior Controllers patient journeys at risk of failure. To keep up to date and complete training as requested.
- To be aware of safe guarding policies and procedures.
- To understand the escalation process and implement when necessary.
- To work as a team to support colleagues.
- Have the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Team Leader.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your Senior, Team Leader or Manager
Key Focus points
- Patience. Callers may be frustrated when they make contact, so patience is certainly a virtue every contact centre employee needs to have. The Helpdesk Agent will always need to be professional, calm and polite.
- Timeliness. Timeliness is critical in customer service. Helpdesk Agents should be swift in responding to enquiries and prepared to switch to another channel, seek advice from a senior or contact control if a case needs more attention.
- Clear communication. Helpdesk Agents need to strike a balance between giving thorough answers, using a professional vocabulary, and being conversational and approachable all a the same time. It’s no easy task, but the Helpdesk Agent should aim to keep their exchanges concise and relevant and resist the urge to overdo small talk. Patients in particular do need that human touch, and it’s always important to make introductions at the outset. However, always remember that they value their time, so communication should be to the point.
- Empathy. Empathy is among the most important helpdesk agent skills. A frustrated patient or health care professional definitely needs attention and reassurance, but even satisfied customers need attention. For example, simply acknowledging concern for timeliness (being collected on time) shows consideration and respect for the person we are picking up.
- Positive attitude. No matter how upset a patient might be, the Helpdesk Agent must keep a positive attitude. Using positive language that reflects confidence in finding a solution will reassure a customer and encourage sustained loyalty in the brand.
- Attentive listening. If a patient or patient representative wishes to explain a situation in detail, Helpdesk Agents need to be willing to listen. In addition, the caller may not necessarily accept the solutions the Helpdesk Agent has to offer or have questions about them, so attentive listening is critical to showing respect for caller’s opinions and offering them the best eventual solution.
- Willingness to go the extra mile. Patients and health care professionals appreciate great service, but they love a gesture that shows real appreciation for their personal circumstances. Reassurance, positivity and empathy are all examples of great customer care.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A professional attitude, calm disposition and excellent telephone manner is paramount for this position
- Experience of working in a safeguarding environment and completing safeguarding documentation
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask whilst paying strong attention to detail
- Experience of working in a safeguarding environment and completing safeguarding Documentation
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
Company pension scheme with employer contributions
G4S Life Assurance Scheme
Charity work- Match-it and Payroll Giving
Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical )
Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Refer a Friend Scheme
Progression, training and development opportunities.
Subsidised healthcare plan
Jobs that might be of interest:Customer Experience Agent - Work From Home
Apply now Customer Experience Agent - Work From Home
Apply now Customer Experience Agent - Work From Home
Apply now Customer Experience Agent- Home Working
Apply now Administrator
Location: M60 1PR