Healthcare Support Worker £19,500-£22,000
Healthcare Support WorkerLocation: | Salary: £19,500-£22,000 | Posted: 22 Nov 2019 | Closes: 17 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8319
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Frankland High-Security prison with 7 house blocks, with up to 120 prisoners on each unit. Frankland holds adult males, serving 10 years and over, IPP or Life sentences plus High and Standard Risk category A remand prisoners.
Frankland also has Westgate unit - three units, when fully operational, holds 65 prisoners. This house block includes the psychologically informed planned environment (PIPE) unit. Frankland also has a 13-bed Inpatient facility.
We provide a vast range of services in Frankland including Primary care, Mental health, Drug and Alcohol services and Dental. We also have access to Telehealth on site.
We are recruiting for a Healthcare Support Worker to join our team at HMP Frankland
Benefits as a Healthcare Support Worker
- Salary of £19,500-£22,000 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Job outline: To provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements
- Provide a lead on health and social care, under supervision from a registered manager, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake social care assessment and deliver social care activities to the older prison population.
- Provide Social Care and Health Promotion advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager. Become a competent witness to the administration of controlled drugs.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi monthly Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Level 2 Health and Social Care
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving License.
- Able to carry out ECGs (training provided)
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.