Healthcare Support Worker Barnard Castle, Durham £19,380 - £22,000
Healthcare Support WorkerLocation: Barnard Castle, Durham | Salary: £19,380 - £22,000 | Posted: 15 May 2019 | Closes: 12 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7826
Healthcare Support Worker
Deerbolt YOI, Durham
Salary: £19,380 - £22,000
Full Time - 37.5 Hours - Various Shifts (no night duty required)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMYOI Deerbolt is an establishment on the outskirts of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which looks after young men between the ages of 18 to 21 years of age. Our service operates 7 days per week (NO night duties ) delivering a Primary and Emergency care service to the establishment. We work closely in partnership with agencies including, the Prison Service, Mental Health teams, Learning Disabilities nursing, Sexual Health Services, Substance Misuse services. Dental Services, Pharmacies and GP Services.
Benefits as a Healthcare Support Worker:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
To provide the highest levels of care, under supervision, for the physical needs of residents in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment.
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice.
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations.
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people.
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- NVQ Level 3 Care
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving Licence.
For informal enquires please contact Vicky Major 01833633318 or Tracy West 01833633344
We anticipate a high volume of applications for this role, therefore this advert may close early once sufficient applications are received. Successful candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted for interview via email. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks then you should presume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.