Healthcare Security Patient Transport Officer Richmond, Virginia $13.50
Healthcare Security Patient Transport OfficerLocation: Richmond, Virginia | Salary: $13.50 | Posted: 3 Jun 2020 | Closes: 3 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L3742188/192378
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Healthcare Security / Patient Transport Officer. As a Healthcare Security / Patient Transport Officer, you will perform the duties of both a Healthcare Security Officer, and a Patient Transport Officer. This position will be responsible for the physical security of the client's hospital campus and its surrounding grounds. In this position you will perform general security duties in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules, and regulations of the client.
The Healthcare Security / Patient Transport Officer will also be responsible for escorting and transporting patients within the facility and recording patient movement in the transport tracking system. This position will also assist in the pickup and delivery of materials and equipment, such as hospital beds, wheelchairs, flower deliveries, etc.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Deter criminal activity and misconduct, investigate suspicious situations, conduct patrol tours
- Communicate by use of Secure Trax ™, 2-way radios, telephones and computers
- Patient escort, patient watch, provide safety escort, assist and/or transport deceased to morgue
- Complete required shift logs and reports; compliance with site post orders, G4S and client policies and procedures
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Clean, maintain, and operate transport equipment; operate elevators to move or escort patients/visitors to and from various hospital areas, as directed, following established operating policies and procedures
- Provide formal hand-off report at the destination, when not required to stay with the patient
- Report any changes in patient status/condition during transport
Remove and report defective equipment to supervisor
- Assist clinical staff with lifting and moving patients for transfer and transport
- Ensures oxygen tanks required for transport contain sufficient oxygen and are safely secured for transport
- Clean transportation equipment according to Infection Control protocols
- Recognize cardio-pulmonary distress symptoms, sends for code team and provides CPR if necessary
- Use patient tracking transport system to receive patient information; accept, track and close assignments
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver's license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
- Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
- Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
- Meaningful and verifiable work history
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice.
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated the ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: