Healthcare Assistant BRIDGEND £23,290.77
Healthcare AssistantLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £23,290.77 | Posted: 30 Sep 2021 | Closes: 25 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10252
HMP Parc £23,290.77 per annum
40 hours per week (various shifts)
**Must have a NVQ Level 3 in Social Care and also be registered with Social Care Wales.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
This HCA post involves working within a multidisciplinary healthcare team in a secure setting providing primary care, with a difference. The successful candidate will be an excellent team player who works closely with patients, the wider health care team ensuring comprehensive care is provided to patients. The successful candidate will undertake various duties, including working on the in-patient unit, screening new patients, running clinics and working in partnership with other agencies to provide comprehensive care to our patients.
About our site: HMP Parc is a Category B men's private prison and Young Offenders Institution in Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan, Wales and is the only privately operated prison in Wales. We currently hold 1600 men.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a HCA:
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- NVQ Level 3 Social Care
- Registration with Social Care Wales
Desirable skills as a HCA:
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
We anticipate a high volume of applications for this role, therefore this advert may close early once sufficient applications are received. Successful candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted for interview via email. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks then you should presume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).