Healthcare Assistant BRIDGEND £23,112.80
Healthcare AssistantLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £23,112.80 | Posted: 29 Jun 2020 | Closes: 20 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8940
HMP Parc £23,112.80 per annum
40 hours per week
**Must have a NVQ Level 3 in Social Care and also be registered with Social Care Wales.
Job outline: This HCA post involves working within a multidisciplinary healthcare team in a secure setting providing primary care, with a difference. The successful candidate will be an excellent team player who works closely with patients, the wider health care team ensuring comprehensive care is provided to patients. The successful candidate will undertake various duties, including working on the in-patient unit, screening new patients, running clinics and working in partnership with other agencies to provide comprehensive care to our patients.
About our site: HMP Parc is a Category B men's private prison and Young Offenders Institution in Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan, Wales and is the only privately operated prison in Wales. We currently hold 1600 men.
- £1500 Golden Hello Bonus*
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass - subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
*Golden Hello- paid in 3 instalments: £500 month 1, month 12, month 24
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a HCA:
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- NVQ Level 3 Social Care
- Registration with Social Care Wales
Desirable skills as a HCA:
- Experience of working within a secure environment
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
We anticipate a high volume of applications for this role, therefore this advert may close early once sufficient applications are received. Successful candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted for interview via email. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks then you should presume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobs that might be of interest: