Healthcare Assistant Rugby, Warwickshire £22,700.00
Healthcare AssistantLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £22,700.00 | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 | Closes: 20 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7704
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s).
Benefits as a Healthcare Assistant:
- Salary of £22,700.00 per annum
- Free parking
- Subsidised on-site canteen
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Shifts: 40 hours per week (Full Time)
To provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- NVQ Level 3 Care
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving Licence.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer - HMP Rye Hill, Rugby
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Bank Nurse (RMN / RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Avon and Somerset, Somerset
Apply now Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Resettlement Case Worker
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire